I Give Up! How do I send a Private Message to another member?

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I thought clicking on a member's name and then starting a conversation was the equivalent of sending a private message. But I seem to be wrong.

How do I send a Private Message that only that member can read?

That's how I've always done it, works for me. I'm going to send you one now.

Huh. That's what I did recently, and he said he never received it. Then one of the members commented: "He posted it on your profile page".

Thanks Mike. Your PM came through just fine.

Huh. That's what I did recently, and he said he never received it. Then one of the members commented: "He posted it on your profile page".

Thanks Mike. Your PM came through just fine.
I received a post in my Profile recently from a member who did not know to use Conversation. Seems there's some confusion. I'll let Aaron know.

@Kenn2018 I think if you click on their name so that you have the entire page showing their profile, and you type in the field that's immediately there (it says "Start typing"), you're actually making a profile post onto that user's profile. If, instead, you hover over their name and then click "Start Conversation" that's how you do a private message. To be 100% safe, you can also click on your "Inbox" then click "Start Conversation" and enter the username of the person you'd like to send a private message to.

@Kenn2018 I think if you click on their name so that you have the entire page showing their profile, and you type in the field that's immediately there (it says "Start typing"), you're actually making a profile post onto that user's profile. If, instead, you hover over their name and then click "Start Conversation" that's how you do a private message. To be 100% safe, you can also click on your "Inbox" then click "Start Conversation" and enter the username of the person you'd like to send a private message to.
That's probably what I did wrong. Thanks.

Top Bottom