I Played Uke In A Free Kids Show Today

Awesome. I'm sure that's a lot of fun for you and the kids too.

That's awesome! Looks like a fun time for all.

Before covid, a few members of my uke group would go to UCLA/Mattel Children's hospital in conjuction with The Ukulele Kids Club and roam the rooms playing for the kids and giving away ukuleles provided by the donations we gave to The UKC. An extremely gratifying experience.

My kids love Herman the worm, great idea
Plus... it's super easy to play, basically one chord... so you can focus on the lyrics.

I added a couple of hand gestures to show Herman's increasing size. Don't drop the uke while doing this... you will need two hands at the end!

One more thing: I change "sitting on a fence post" to "sitting on my front porch". Who even knows what a fence post is anymore, right? And how do you sit on one? And: why?

Although the video does show the main character sitting on a fence post...

Plus... it's super easy to play, basically one chord... so you can focus on the lyrics.

I added a couple of hand gestures to show Herman's increasing size. Don't drop the uke while doing this... you will need two hands at the end!

One more thing: I change "sitting on a fence post" to "sitting on my front porch". Who even knows what a fence post is anymore, right? And how do you sit on one? And: why?

Although the video does show the main character sitting on a fence post...

Thanks a lot!

One of our favourite performers to listen to is Caspar Babypants, they have extremely entertaining kids music. Also Rani Arbo/Daisy Mahem's Ranky Tanky is fabulous (and we're no longer in the toddler /preschooler phase, we still enjoy those songs!). I love that you're doing this, thank you for performing for kids, it's so, so important for them to be exposed to live music (thank goodness we're allowed to do that again!), and it makes it a lot of fun if the music is as great as you play!

We’ll be doing it again in August, looking forward to it.
That's how we give back! Way to go. Some of the most satusfying times I've ever had was playing with my old group Ukers For Life in the Shriner's Childrens hospital.

Got to play another free kids show at the library this morning. Next time is September someplace else. Today was the first time I was able to play my Kiwaya KSU1L at a show, aided by the Shure SM57 mic. Only short videos so far, I'll see if I find anything for YouTube. Today I enjoyed breaking up songs by playing some pieces from James Hill's Ukuele Way and Kevin Carroll's Ukulele Ceilidh, which we had time to do with less available members today. May sound impressive but 95% of the time I was playing Itsy Bitsy Spider with C, F, and my old friend G7 lol. Great morning!

IMG_0784.jpeg

Great job, it must feel so great having so much fun playing for an audience that is also having so much fun.

39FE389E-9AED-4859-989A-A5C7FD98A22B.jpeg
This one is from last Sunday, was a busy weekend and forgot to post.

I also want to encourage anyone who is playing free shows for kids to post here. That was kind of always the intention with this thread and I don’t think I ever made that clear.

Top Bottom