I'm bummed out!

AcousticMonster

Reaction score
One of the bars that hosted open-mics has stopped due to the economy. Hopefully they don't shut down the other place I play! How would I be able to spread my Ukulele Love to South Dakota? :(

I'm bummed that I am not yet at a skill level that would make me feel comfortable getting up in front of a group of strangers and do my thing. I am getting there though. Count your blessings and keep your eyes open. Low cost entertainment is recession proof. Something will come along.

Agreed, granted, it is a bummer it closed at least you CAN play at them. :] Do you go every time there is a open mic night?

I'm bummed that I am not yet at a skill level that would make me feel comfortable getting up in front of a group of strangers and do my thing. I am getting there though. Count your blessings and keep your eyes open. Low cost entertainment is recession proof. Something will come along.

Nah...you just got to do it. I was really, REALLY, nervous the first time I played uke in front of people. I played guitar for years in bands, so was used to playing in front of people; but I just wasn't sure how the uke would go over, LOL. It was all good though.

Just get down 3 or 4 songs really well, and go play out. After a few time you will get use to it. Then just add one or two new songs a week.

Agreed, granted, it is a bummer it closed at least you CAN play at them. :] Do you go every time there is a open mic night?

Yeah, there's one on Wednesday (which I've been playing weekly for about 7 months), and this new one on Thursday. The Thursday is the one that stopped. I'm just kind of mad because these were my two steady gigs. I was also starting to build a following. :D

I've played at some other places as well, but nothing steady like the Wed and Thurs nights.

Top Bottom