Song Help Request Louie Louie mystery solved

You weren't the only one. From the "Louie Louie" entry in wickipedia:

The FBI started a 31-month investigation into the matter and concluded they were "unable to interpret any of the wording in the record."[2]

I read a whole book about the Louie Louie lyrics conspiracy last year, including the FBI investigation, the record burnings, the radio bans ands all the other nonsense. Very interesting from a psychological viewpoint. It was a cultural madness like the "Paul is dead" hoax, or any of the backwards-lyrics-are-Satanic hoaxes.

It still amazes me that anyone thought the words were dirty - I played the song in a band in the mid-60s and was able to buy the sheet music with all the words clearly printed. You can probably still buy them. Author was Richard Berry. Nothing salacious about them - just a gentle Jamaican patois... a sailor pining for the love he left behind. I still remember the words, by the way. Comes from playing it over and over and over and over and over.

It's a lot like those unsourced Facebook quotes I suppose. People don't take the time or make to effort to verify them because they don't want facts to dismantle their preconceptions.

Top Bottom