Martin Beck Spruce Mahogany Concert - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get one of these about a year ago - although it was Engelmann spruce and Indian rosewood - when they were a bit cheaper. Honestly, it's the best sounding uke I've played by far, and I've tried quite a few. It's incredible how Martin gets such a full and warm tone from such a narrow concert body.

Y
I was lucky enough to get one of these about a year ago - although it was Engelmann spruce and Indian rosewood - when they were a bit cheaper. Honestly, it's the best sounding uke I've played by far, and I've tried quite a few. It's incredible how Martin gets such a full and warm tone from such a narrow concert body.
Totally threw me too. I am on a bit of a concert fix lately but like the woods darker (as I do with sopranos) to make up for the smaller body. When I saw this I had reservations. But it sounds like a totally different wood set - warm, loads of breadth. Quite remarkable what he has done

I went back to read your NUD—what a ukulele! It sounds like utter perfection.

I went back to read your NUD—what a ukulele! It sounds like utter perfection.

It is 😁

:ROFLMAO:For some reason, my brain inferred “Smith” instead of “Beck” when first reading Baz’s thread title. I was thus astounded by such quality. Obviously, there is a huge difference between Martins.

This uke, apparently the one Baz reviews here, is hanging on the wall at World of Ukes. At this price (£2,199), free shipping worldwide. Somebody buy it!
Not yet it's not - it's sat next to me in its case I am typing this!

Wow, just wow. Now that's what a concert scale ukulele should sound like. I love the shimmery jangle it has to it.

Top Bottom