Mary, Did You Know? - finger style soprano solo

Oldscruggsfan

Reaction score
This one didn’t fit this week’s “November birthday” theme but I was already working on it anyway. I originally intended to sing but my vocal courage evaporated after listening to jaw-dropping covers by Pentatonix, Rhonda Vincent, Carrie Underwood, Dolly Parton, and the Kenny Rogers/ Wynonna Judd duet.
Enjoy!

Fun fact: Composer Buddy Greene was,
pre-1991, far better known for “Orange Blossom Special” and “Life’s Railway To Heaven”.

Nice playing Oldscruggsfan! Glad you posted it even if it doesn't fit the birthday theme. Next one we need your vocals added. 👍
Appreciate you taking the time to share with us.

Nice job on that, Clark! Hoping to hear you sing a little bit in the future! Don't worry about how your voice might compare to the artists whose names you mentioned. I've always felt that the key to "vocal appeal" lies in how one's own natural vocal quality, and style, and technical precision (which might be great, or might be just average) all mix together in the context of the songs you choose to do. Many of my favorite singers probably wouldn't be regarded as technically proficient, but they found something special in the way they interpret and render the songs. Neil Young would be a good example, as well as my longtime idol Terry Kath, who was the original guitarist, and one of the vocalists, for the band Chicago.

Nice job on that, Clark! Hoping to hear you sing a little bit in the future! Don't worry about how your voice might compare to the artists whose names you mentioned. I've always felt that the key to "vocal appeal" lies in how one's own natural vocal quality, and style, and technical precision (which might be great, or might be just average) all mix together in the context of the songs you choose to do. Many of my favorite singers probably wouldn't be regarded as technically proficient, but they found something special in the way they interpret and render the songs. Neil Young would be a good example, as well as my longtime idol Terry Kath, who was the original guitarist, and one of the vocalists, for the band Chicago.
Thanks, Bill!

Top Bottom