More builder than player

AZdave

Reaction score
I assembled one of the Stewmac mahogany kits with pretty good success so I got a spruce top, tuners and fretboard from them. I've done some other kinds of woodworking, but have not built instruments before. Many of the threads elsewhere lead back to UU for construction details and illustrations. I hope to have fun.

Awesome! Welcome to the club!

As you will soon see, the number of builders here are dominated by the number of buyers... most of us yearn for more...

I pray this is not your fate!

There is an entire section for builders and makers. I check there a lot because I was a woodworker and made some experimental instruments myself.

If you want to hear me play Pandemonium, an instrument made entirely of pot, pans and bowls... let me know...

ANd if you only want to talk about building ukuleles, there is a place here for you too!

Welcome to UU, AZdave!
Good luck with building your own instruments. You'll find inspiration and help in the Luthiers Lounge.

Welcome! I think you'll enjoy UU.

Hi AZ Dave. It sounds as though you are enjoying making the StewMac kits. Hopefully you will enjoy testing your builds out and realize that you like the playing as well as the building.

Either way, have fun.

Top Bottom