Price
$225
Shipping
Included for con US
Size
Concert

SkeeterAB

Reaction score
Update: Price Drop! New snake wood strap button installed upon request. Specs added following pictures.

This is a beautiful throwback Nunes-style concert solid Mahogany 5-string ukulele. It has a very different shape than the typical Ohana Obama. I really like the full sound of the low G and high g strings together. I had been looking at this k-28 Nunes-style from Ohana. I am not usually a rope style binding person, but the way that the rope binding extends up along the center of the fretboard and the center of faceplate is too cool. I couldn’t resist trying it out when I saw one on sale. I bought it just before I instituted my one in and one out policy. Although I really like this uke, I don’t like it more than my new rebel mango so I have to let it go.

When it was available, this retailed for $319 new (not including shipping) from Mim’s Ukes. I am selling it for $250 including shipping to con US.

It looks to be in almost mint condition. I examined this closely and the only mark I can find is a tiny barely visible mark near the bridge (see if you can find it in the zoom pictures). It has good quality friction tuners that work well. (Edit:it was restrung today 5/11/2024 with new Fremont Black strings, but I will include the wound low G I took off. I also oiled the fretboard at the same time.) It currently has no strap button, but I can install a new snakewood (white chrome screw) strap button on the bottom or I can send the strap button to you for to install upon request for $10 extra. I am not including a case, but will send it with a new inexpensive gig bag.

I have kept it in a hard case with Boveda packs and a hygrometer, but I have only had it for a few months. It is from a smoke-free cat friendly home. I did manage to keep the kitties out of this uke case 😉

Please feel free to ask any questions. (Pics are from before it was restrung with Fremont Black strings.) IMG_1872.jpegIMG_1875.jpegIMG_1879.jpegIMG_1880.jpegIMG_1874.jpegIMG_1881.jpegIMG_1882.jpeg

IMG_1882.jpegIMG_1884.jpegIMG_1870.jpeg
CK-28-5
• Portuguese Style Vintage Design
• Premium Solid Mahogany Top, Back & Sides
• Rosewood Fretboard & Bridge
• Gotoh Friction Tuners
• Bone Nut & Saddle
• Classic Rope Binding on Top, Back, Fretboard and Headstock
• Sound-hole Rosette in Classic Rope Inlay
• Dual Pearloid Dot Inlay Markers on Frets # 5, 7, 10 & 12
• Pearloid Side Markers on Frets # 5, 7, 10 & 12
• Satin Finish
• 14 Frets to Body
• Scale Length = 15”
• Body Length = 10-15/16”
• Overall Length = 23-7/8”
• Upper Bout Width = 5-13/16”
• Lower Bout Width = 7-11/16”
• Body Height = 2-3/4”
• Overall Height = 3-1/4” (including bridge & saddle)
• Nut Width = 1-3/8”

Last edited:
GLWTS! I have the 4-string soprano. It‘s one of my faves. It really chimes.

Price Drop and specs added following pictures. Will send new strings or string it up with new strings upon request. Will add new snakewood strap button upon request:)

I really like the rope binding, rosette, fingerboard and headstock! I’m surprised that nut width is 1-3/8”/ 35mm since that’s typical of a 4-string soprano & narrower than many. Are the top two strings High G (5) and low G (4)? Seems soooo similar to a banjo.

I really like the rope binding, rosette, fingerboard and headstock! I’m surprised that nut width is 1-3/8”/ 35mm since that’s typical of a 4-string soprano & narrower than many. Are the top two strings High G (5) and low G (4)? Seems soooo similar to a banjo.
I just measured and the nut width is 35 mm. I think that the narrower neck and nut and the more exaggerated, narrower hourglass waist are part of the Nunes-style. It is a fine width for me, but I also play sopranos.

The top two strings are a high G (4)* and a low G (3)(*edited to correct). I got it with a wound low G that is a bit overpowering so I think I will restring with a Worth brown non-wound low G.

Now that I pulled it out to answer questions I am appreciating how pretty it is. I guess I will oil the fretboard while I am changing out the low G:)

Edit: Guess the fretboard needed the oil. It drank it up and looks even better.IMG_1921.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t know where my brain is today. Thanks for checking my work and keeping me honest😉 My low G is at 196 hz and my high G is at 393 hz so I guess that is G(3) and G(4).
I'm sorry to inform you that you only get one mistake, and we all saw that Obama thing, so your UU membersrnip has been revoked.

Wait, I mean membership! MEMBERSHIP! NOOOoooooo!

[USER DOCTORAPATITE DELETED]

Message sent

Top Bottom