Save the Tape

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I received several items lately that were packed very well, but there was one problem: too much tape. When you wrap the item in paper and/or bubble wrap, it's not necessary to tape that material in place. Once it's inside the box, the bubble wrap isn't going to undo itself and hide in a corner.

It might seem like you're being conscientious, but think of what happens at the receiver's end. He has to use a box cutter, scissors, or brute force to free the bubble wrap from the delicate item. That can damage the thing you were trying to protect.

I try to be as environmentally responsible as I can, so when I receive something swaddled in bubble wrap, I try to save as much of it as possible for reuse. If it's covered in tape, it's almost impossible to remove the tape without tearing the bubble wrap to shreds. I agree with you, Jerry. Yards and yards (or meters and meters) of tape aren't necessary for normal packaging.

They are erring on the more-tape side, which is fine with me.
It does seem, at times, unnecessary; but I'd rather take a bit more time unpacking than to deal with shipping damage.

Top Bottom