Season 520: 10th Anniversary Dance Party Extravaganza!

Well Jim, Here's my last song for SOTU 520; and you guessed it, another waltz.
RENAISSANCE David Bradstreet 1977
David Bradstreet is a Canadian musician who, although he was born in the U.K., grew up in Oakville, Ontario. I love this song and still play the LP that I bought decades ago.
David Bradstreet LP.jpg

Amazing to think this has been going for 10 years! I rarely post to the Seasons anymore (I seldom dust off my ukuleles these days to be honest) but I didn't want to miss the Dance Party Extravaganza! Here's an old Irving Berlin song from 1935- Cheek to Cheek. Hope you're having a grand birthday week Jim!

Greetings Seasonistas.

A whole decade! I am very proud of those of you who have persevered. Seasons people were the first real virtual friends I made, and what great training for Covid Times!

Happy Birthday Jim, and Happy Birthday Seasons.

There are too many songs about dancing, of course, so I wound up stringing a bunch together. It's a name-that-tune kind of medley I guess, complete with botched transitions and rusty, rusty voice and fingers. First take style!
The first tune is T Rex and is for BEVOMU.
My favorite is the last bit from The Fall about being anxious and sweaty and not wanting to dance. I can relate to that one especially!

Great to be back among you all and hearing al the fabulous music energy, you might get me off my duff and strumming again!

Peewee

Wow. Ten years. Thank you to everyone who's ever been involved in the Seasons! Your music, your friendship, your kindness, and your hearts have helped me through some of the most joyful and most awful years of my life.

It's an honor to share a dance with you.

I know it's getting late in the week. It always takes me a week and sometimes more to decide, learn, record etc. a tune.
With the dance theme, I knew I wanted to share another original song with the UU group.

I wrote this originally for Big Band, as we were playing a Valentine's dance, and it was called the "Black and White Valentine Dance" in reference to tuxedos and ball gowns. This was a sort of theme song for the night. My sister was playing tpt with us back in 2008, but she also sings, so she requested moving from tpt to sing this one song, which we were please to allow.

If anyone would like a leadsheet with uke chords, shoot me a PM.

"...hold your love so close, so close."

(once again, forgive the singing)

Midi sequencing, flugelhorn, ukulele, vocals <--- yours truly.

Season 520 has now ended. Thank you, Sabine, for getting in under the wire. I will finish commenting on the videos and randomly select some winners for this Season. Happy Anniversary, everyone!

It was great to see many Seasonistas that haven't been here in a while. Several other expressed an interest but were unable to make it this week. Thank you to all of you who did take part. We had 60 new videos. Also 5 old ones from Rob -- it was only after the 4th one that I realized these were from previous Seasons. But I don't mind, provided that this one is also included, because this one came to mind when I was writing the themepost for this week:

Reactions: joo
Thank you for the fabulous week, Jim.
It was nice to see and hear some Seasonistas we haven't seen for a while.

Love that video you linked. The one from Rob. :---)

Top Bottom