Season 535 - Run

Thanks for hosting, Andy! :)

Here’s a song that sprang to mind as soon as the theme was (eventually 😉) announced! It’s ELO at their best - big sounds, huge production, full of pace. But we, the glorious Liz Brinker and I, decided to do it a little differently. We’ve slowed it down a bit, and pared it back to ukes, voices and some synth bass. Quite a risk with song like this - but we think it worked! What do you think?

Once again, I’m hugely indebted to Liz for all the time, enthusiasm and breathtaking talent she brought to this - thank you so very much, Liz! :)

Headphones/earbuds recommended.

Last edited:
Biden and Putin are busy polishing up their big brass guns. TRUMP'S hands were tiny and he had difficulty finding his gun to polish it.:unsure::oops::rolleyes:

Ain’t no telling what the president will do
If it goes to def con one
He’ll be down in the celler with old Rokkefeller
Polishing up his big brass gun

When he shakes hand with kim jong-un
THey’ll have Mary lou and Cindy Sue
Polishing up their big brass guns

When he’s on the look out for some fun
He will down in his bunker tha's where he'll hunker
Polishing up his big brass gun.

To get those god dam commies on the run
But his trousers I guess will be in a mess
Cos he’s been polishing up his big brass gun

Cheers for hosting Andy. Short n quick one from me, Its more of a nod of recognition to the genius Vangelis who passed this week. Would have seemed wrong not to Include him especially as his most successful film score was about running 'Chariots Of Fire'.

Thank you, Rock Doctor, for a fun season to contemplate.

I'd elaborate on my enjoyment so far but I've got to ... scurry. Scoot. Skedaddle.

But a quick one before I go:

My instrumental interpretation of Run with Me by Humming House. Loved this take until I accidentally bent some notes way out of key toward the end, but “you’ve gotta keep rolling along, even if it goes wrong.”

I keep spinning my wheels
But digging my heels in
If hope is so close
Then why do I feel so alone
Knowing what I know
I keep heading for home
But everyone's gone
My favorite songs make feel so alone
But I keep heading for home
I feel so alone
But I keep heading for home

Run with me when hope is high
Run with me when the water's dry
Never let me go
Run with me into the night
Run with me to the morning light
Never let me go
We don't need to understand
Just run with me an take my hand
And never let me go

We keep counting our years
And fighting our fears
Even if it goes wrong
We've got to keep rolling along
Even if it goes wrong
Keep rolling along
Even if it goes wrong

Run with me when hope is high
Run with me when the water's dry
Never let me go
Run with me into the night
Run with me to the morning light
Never let me go
We don't need to understand
Just run with me an take my hand
And never let me go

We’re entering the home stretch. The playlist is up to date. It also looks like Joko got his theme posted for season 536. If I have left you off please let me know. Thanks for a great season so far, but let’s run all the way through the finish line here, not let up early. :)

Don't worry, Andy, we're still running! Thank you for hosting. One of the things I am learning from participating in the Seasons is that sometimes it's fun to pick a song that I really have no hope of learning in one week, and to just see what I can do. This version of "Break My Stride" might not sound much like the original, but I had a great time working on it!

Ah, the first song that came to mind for this Season was a hit for Slade when I was ten years old. Rediscovering it this week, I found that I love it even more now than back then. Yay!

With seconds to go I reckon! Here’s one from Richard and Linda Thompson from the album Hokey Pokey…..I’m never going to run away Linda sings…..

Last edited:
Sorry I’ve been remiss in wrapping this season up.

First, we had 53 contributions from 31 Seasonistas (if my count is correct, and that’s a big if). They included several variations of a song about chickens, an instrumental, a duet (by Del and Liz, thanks so much), and several originals. I can’t thanks you all enough for making my week a little brighter.

Now, for the winners… I used a random number generator to spit out three numbers between 1 and 53. They were:

15 - Ila bringing us an amazing rendition of the Talking Heads “Psycho Killer” ()

22 - Jon with a flat out spectacular take on Pat Benatar’s “Shadows of the Night” ()

36 - GreyGhost1964‘s fantastic interpretation of “I Ran” by Flock of Seagulls, with some humorous interludes ()

Worthy winners all. And boy am I glad that I only had to roll once and there were no doubles. Please PM me brand and size of strings, up to $20 USD, and an address to which I can send them. Chances are I’ll just order them direct to you, instead of having to post them myself.

Thanks again all for a wonderful season.

Was I really the only instrumental?? Guess I’ll have to keep doing it 😁

Congrats to the winners, and thanks Desert Pavement!

Top Bottom