Skip the Sales Tax

Jerryc41

Reaction score
If you're into photography, you must know about B&H Photo in NYC. They have a credit card that pays the sales tax for you. Paying sales tax depends on where you live, but since I live in NY, I save 8% on everything I buy from them. If they mail a product to your state, you could be charged sales tax.

In addition to photo gear, they have cheap ukuleles and loads of electronics. It's worth taking a look.

B&H is one of the most valuable resources I use. By being a member of that service, they are basically giving a 5 to 10% discount depending on your state taxes.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 16 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 40)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I was almost tempted to get their Payboo credit card a few years back when they announced it when they started collecting sales tax. Then I just figured, if I apply for other credit cards, I get around $500 anyway; and that's like buying $5k worth of stuff from B&H, so I didn't apply. Now, I've come close to that amount, and I tell myself that I probably won't be buying $5k additional of stuff from them :)

Seriously, B&H is a great shop. They are authorized dealers of all the things they sell (at least the things I buy).

Top Bottom