TBUS's MUM summer camps

Nickie

Reaction score
Well, the third of three public library uke summer camps for kids ages 7-12 is done! We graduated anywhere from 15 to 18 kids each week. (We started out with 20 to 25 each week, but there was attrition), two bowed out today because of Covid. Each class was 90 minutes long, the last day the kids did a concert for their parents, who joined along with shakers on each song. During the week, the kids are taught the Am, C7, C, F, G7, and D7 chords. They divide into small groups and write a blues ditty, which is performed on day 5. They are also shown how to read and play simple tablature. The sing and strum songs are very silly. Each kid gets a certificate of completion, and a resource sheet, hopefully guiding them to join TBUS and UU forum. I had 6 very capable teaching helpers. One has taught up to 80 kids in a workshop! We were lucky to have diversity and good behavior! I can't remember how many of these I've taught in, but I haven't missed one since we started about 5 or 6 years ago. I don't have grandkids, so I get my kiddie fix like this.

Well, the third of three public library uke summer camps for kids ages 7-12 is done! We graduated anywhere from 15 to 18 kids each week. (We started out with 20 to 25 each week, but there was attrition), two bowed out today because of Covid. Each class was 90 minutes long, the last day the kids did a concert for their parents, who joined along with shakers on each song. During the week, the kids are taught the Am, C7, C, F, G7, and D7 chords. They divide into small groups and write a blues ditty, which is performed on day 5. They are also shown how to read and play simple tablature. The sing and strum songs are very silly. Each kid gets a certificate of completion, and a resource sheet, hopefully guiding them to join TBUS and UU forum. I had 6 very capable teaching helpers. One has taught up to 80 kids in a workshop! We were lucky to have diversity and good behavior! I can't remember how many of these I've taught in, but I haven't missed one since we started about 5 or 6 years ago. I don't have grandkids, so I get my kiddie fix like this.
Sounds great.

Top Bottom