* Third Annual Ukulele World Congress* June 3rd-4th, 2011

Big Mahalo to Mailman and the tuning peg momentos that he made. Coolest idea!!
Definitely - that was really cool and kind of sums up the whole UWC mindset, I think. Where else do you find people going to that much trouble to do something cool for folks, absolutely free and no strings attached (kind of a sad pun, tuning peg, no strings attached, oh well, I'm still recovering from lack of sleep!)

John

All I can say is, wow! Maybe when I fully catch up on sleep I'll actually have words, but for now "wow" will have to do.

There is only one down side to UWC - it ends and now we have to wait twelve long months to do it again.

John

It was only by "luck" that I was able to attend this UWC.

My true wish was to spend some time with family who I don't get to see too much of. UWC was a goal to create a memory with the kids.

When we first arrived, the kids wanted to leave. I'm sure my brother felt we had arrived into some hippie commune; but, it only took a few hours to settle down and suffice it to say, the kids wanted to stay. My brother and his wife ended up loving this little diversion, an entertaining camping minivacation.

Thanks to many people inluding Mike, Bhatman, Tookta, Dominator, UncleElvis, haolejon, Matt Lindahl (who is the coolest dude), the family who befriended our crazy kids, the woman who helped Boden learn chords and tune his new Mainland Sprucetop. It was nice to meet Grumpy.

I was happy to get up and try to sing/play uke. I knew I had to be baptized with my first "performance" and the hug I got from UncleElvis and HoosierHiver made it worthwhile.

We escaped into the RV and tried to get sleep ; but, the rain kept coming and the ukulele songs kept getting more spirited. I was smiling at you crazy people making music and not wanting to stop. Just one song after another. I layed in the RV listening and truly appreciating the spirit, the life that was springing forth. Awesome.

It was only by "luck" that I was able to attend this UWC.

My true wish was to spend some time with family who I don't get to see too much of. UWC was a goal to create a memory with the kids.

When we first arrived, the kids wanted to leave. I'm sure my brother felt we had arrived into some hippie commune; but, it only took a few hours to settle down and suffice it to say, the kids wanted to stay. My brother and his wife ended up loving this little diversion, an entertaining camping minivacation.

Thanks to many people inluding Mike, Bhatman, Tookta, Dominator, UncleElvis, haolejon, Matt Lindahl (who is the coolest dude), the family who befriended our crazy kids, the woman who helped Boden learn chords and tune his new Mainland Sprucetop. It was nice to meet Grumpy.

I was happy to get up and try to sing/play uke. I knew I had to be baptized with my first "performance" and the hug I got from UncleElvis and HoosierHiver made it worthwhile.

We escaped into the RV and tried to get sleep ; but, the rain kept coming and the ukulele songs kept getting more spirited. I was smiling at you crazy people making music and not wanting to stop. Just one song after another. I layed in the RV listening and truly appreciating the spirit, the life that was springing forth. Awesome.

You did a fantastic job on stage! That better have been the first of many songs played for us by you!
And you ain't such a bad hugger yourself!

So...um...

Mike, is it too early to ask if next year's UWC has been scheduled yet? I need to get my countdown going on the PoHo thread!

This year was my first UWC. What a great weekend! I thought the support for everyone who played was fantastic. I can't imagine anywhere else that you could see such a wide range of talent and style on the same stage the same night. This is a great community.
I can't believe I finally got to meet YogaJen after reading all of her FB posts for a year!
I was planning next year's trip while I drove home and hope to meet more of you fine folks then.

I am telling you, everything from the first hugs, the jam on the back porch of Strawberry Fields, to the trips to town, to the field jams, to the open mics, to the jump in the lake, to the late-night chats, to the bonfire, to the rain, to the performances, to the grumpy house jams, to the hugs goodbye knowing I would see everyone again, to the fact that I not longer can speak or sing above a whisper... Epic, Wonderful, Amazing... see yall next year!

Thanks Mike!!! And thanks to everyone I met! I had a great time!!! I met the best friends of my life! And even met some new forever friends!

First weekend in June!

I'll probably keep it as the 1st weekend in June.

Excellent! I am putting it on every calendar I see--and in big black sharpie on the Antique Helper Calendar. There better not be an auction that weekend!

Everything was perfect--we had a delightful time. I am still riding the wave of goodness.

Thanks, everyone!

Top Bottom