Song Help Request Gabe Bondoc - Gentlemen Don't (on uke!)

puremarkska

Reaction score
Ok, I kind of figured out the verse and chorus part for this one. I based it off of the version urbangermany did. It's missing a lot of notes, mainly because the range of the ukulele is pretty limited compared to guitar, but if you've got a better way please post and share!!

I would really like input on figuring out the bridge. I don't know what the hell chords he uses, so any clues would be great. Here's what I got so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ik56KrJIgU

I didn't tab it but the chords are posted in the description so hopefully you can kind of follow that. Leave me comments, especially if you got something to add! Thanks a lot guys.

i think i got the intro down. its not all correct from the video i kinda mixed it up myself

A|---------------1------1/3-----3~------3--2--1-------------3----------3---1-------------1----------
E|-------1-1h3----1-----1/3----3~-------3--2--1------1-----4----------4---1h3-1----1----1-----------
C|-3-3--------------2-----------3~--3---3--2--1---3---3----3---2-3----3-----------3-----2-----------
G|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3-----------

i think i got the intro down. its not all correct from the video i kinda mixed it up myself

A|---------------1--------1/3-----3~------3--2--1-------------3----------3---1-------------1----------
E|-------1-1h3----1-----1/3----3~-------3--2--1------1-----4----------4---1h3-1----1----1-----------
C|-3-3--------------2------------3~--3---3--2--1---3---3----3---2-3----3-----------3-----2-----------
G|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3-----------

Thanks a lot for tabbing that dannyboy - I'm pretty bad at tabbing - takes way too long for me. I realized that I should have shown my other hand in the vid, too. Next time I definitely will. I took the tab you made of the first part and put in what I pretty much do. Hopefully it helps a bit. Thanks again!

A|--------------1-----------3---3-2-1-----------------3----------1-----1----
E|------1-1h3-----1--1h3p1-3---3-2-1-----1-----4-4---4--1h3-1---1--1-1----
C|-3-3--------3----2--------3-3-3-2-1---3---3---0-2s3-3--0-------3-3--2----
G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alohas.

i started to listen to this song after you posted it and i fell in love with it haha. can't wait for a full cover (and maybe a short how-to :p)

my version

im putting up a version that i think is pretty alright on youtube very soon. stay tuned and please let me know what you think. there are some other vids up there too. if your ever bored, just type in mcarreon89

im putting up a version that i think is pretty alright on youtube very soon. stay tuned and please let me know what you think. there are some other vids up there too. if your ever bored, just type in mcarreon89

alright ill be sure to check it out when u post it up!

i got it

ifinally figured out a version that i think is pretty complete. the full cover is on youtube. just type in mcarreon89 and youll see it. for anyone that wants to see it. i will probably put upa tutorial onmypage and or post the tabs here shortly. but first priority is to watch the CHARRRRRGGGERRRR game. thanks for the time.

nice cover! the sound's a bit too bright for my tastes, but thats just my preference :p. i like it tho, great job! :D

ifinally figured out a version that i think is pretty complete. the full cover is on youtube. just type in mcarreon89 and youll see it. for anyone that wants to see it. i will probably put upa tutorial onmypage and or post the tabs here shortly. but first priority is to watch the CHARRRRRGGGERRRR game. thanks for the time.

That's a pretty nice take on the song you got there michael - sounds good on the uke, but it's a little high (or really low) compared to the versions UG, or even Gabe, does. It's cool though, and the bridge part is close, but still definitely not the type of chord progression used in the original, but still, thanks for helping!!

i could be wrong, since i havent listened to either version extensively, but the reason it sounds high in mike's version may be because of transposition. could just be he put it together by ear and arranged it in his vocal range.

kinda like my "to be with you video" can you imagine the silly faces i would be making if i tried to hit some of those notes if i played it in the same key as the original song? hahaha. trust me, it wouldnt be pretty.

the way i see it, as long as your transposition is on point, being in a different key is no problem if you are more comfortable vocally in that range. a cover is just a cover, until you do something to it to set it apart. then it becomes your cover. hahaha, how cool would that be... "hey do you know this song? cool lets jam to it. but we'll play it the way nukedoc619 does"

thanks

thanks for those who commented or said anything about the vid. ya doc was right i pretty much just made it up out of boredom. its probably high or low or or like a thousand things wrong with it but its ok. it was fun. thanks again guys.

The uke I used in the video is an old Kamaka concert that's been through a lot. It's not exactly on tune on all the frets anymore. I usually use a Fluke tenor, but I figured since the Fluke fretboard is black and the frets are black, it would be hard for people to see which frets I'm holding. That, and Flukes seem to get no respect.

I think I might make a vid to help change that perception. Hmmm...

The uke I used in the video is an old Kamaka concert that's been through a lot. It's not exactly on tune on all the frets anymore. I usually use a Fluke tenor, but I figured since the Fluke fretboard is black and the frets are black, it would be hard for people to see which frets I'm holding. That, and Flukes seem to get no respect.

ya i seem to notice that too. i guess since it seems to look more like a toy than an instrument. but i heard flukes can sound pretty good. btw, did u get around to making a whole cover of the song? would love to hear it.

yeah markska i think flukes are nice too bad they dont make any models with pick ups but i definately would purchase a fluke, besides they are prolly the only uke makers who have a wide assortment of colors (uke colors)

ya i seem to notice that too. i guess since it seems to look more like a toy than an instrument. but i heard flukes can sound pretty good. btw, did u get around to making a whole cover of the song? would love to hear it.
Haven't gotten around to making the full cover yet, but I think i have a rough version of the bridge down finally. I'm thinking about raising the whole thing a half step, just for singing along purposes. Hopefully sometime soon. And that tamia one.

yeah markska i think flukes are nice too bad they dont make any models with pick ups but i definately would purchase a fluke, besides they are prolly the only uke makers who have a wide assortment of colors (uke colors)

My fluke's got a pickup. You can order them with. But it's not an active one though, just one of those open air fishmans.

Haven't gotten around to making the full cover yet, but I think i have a rough version of the bridge down finally. I'm thinking about raising the whole thing a half step, just for singing along purposes. Hopefully sometime soon. And that tamia one.

alright sounds good. i'll look forward to it

Top Bottom