UOGB in Burlington, VT April 2015

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain will be doing a concert at the Flynn Center, University of Vermont, Burlington on Tuesday, April 21, 2015.

I've got my tickets.

Any other UU members planning on going??

-Kurt​

The closest to me will be in Florida, but we are wanting to make the trek!

I suppose I should go. The Flynn is only like 2 miles from the house.

There are uke groups in Burlington, Montpelier, and Bristol. I think it's on the radar for all of them. There also an upper valley group in the Dartmouth area, but they get their own show the next night, as mentioned above.

I think they're coming to Gainsville, but that's a bit of a trip. Love to see'em though

I looked at the hanover venue as well, but it is more expensive than the Flynn, and a farther drive.

I've also been looking at the Boston show (January, I think?) but the tickets don't go on sale until September 8, unless you buy 3-event subscription tickets.

Which to me is a great way to ensure that less popular events sell seats to local patrons, but tells those of us willing to travel more than 3 hours that we are, indeed, Chopped Liver.

(Looked at the show in Davis, CA as well - all the good seats are long gone.)

-Kurt​

Going to see them in Gainesville. Seven hour drive but several of my uke playing buddies are going to make a weekend of it

Sounds like fun! I'd be interested in going to Burlington or Hanover if I'm in the area for work, but I may be in that area a couple of weeks too early.

Eric

It'll be a hell of a drive from where I live in Western Australia but I wish I could make it. I will however be in Burlington Vt during the 1st week of October this year and would love to touch base with any Uke clubs in the area. Can anyone provide me with contact details for local clubs in the Burlington Vt, Boston/Salem Mass, New Haven CT or NYC areas.

Cheers
Hollis

It'll be a hell of a drive from where I live in Western Australia but I wish I could make it. I will however be in Burlington Vt during the 1st week of October this year and would love to touch base with any Uke clubs in the area. Can anyone provide me with contact details for local clubs in the Burlington Vt, Boston/Salem Mass, New Haven CT or NYC areas.

Cheers
Hollis

I'm not sure how many of the people who could answer your question are going to see your request here, in a thread about the UOGB. You might be better off starting a new thread with a topic that will attract ukulele players int he Burlington area who may not be interested in attending the UOGB concert.

Top Bottom