Blackheart Sassafras Baritone

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
Here's another rare timber from Tasmania that you don't see often. Blackheart Sassafras is a beautiful timber to work with, and can have some truly extraordinary patterns and colors.

This one is paired up with some Carpathian Spruce that has some subtle bear claw figure. Bindings are another Australian native with the common name of Beef Wood.

Blackhear Sassafras Baritone Uke_2014August27_03.jpgBlackhear Sassafras Baritone Uke_2014August27_04.jpgBlackhear Sassafras Baritone Uke_2014August27_05.jpgBlackhear Sassafras Baritone Uke_2014August27_07.jpgBlackhear Sassafras Baritone Uke_2014August27_06.jpg

I love that back. :drool: And putting it on a baritone with all that surface area to showcase it was a wise choice.

That is what the kids would call one sweet uke, I am not so young so I will go with badass;)

That is hot!

Allen, its only an iron-like will power that keeps me from stealing some of your ideas, especially your rosette designs. If they ever show up on my instruments I'll swear that they came to me in a dream. Good job, as always.

I'm sure that the pro's hear know what I'm talking about when I say you can get so close to your work that you stop seeing it as others do. So all the comments from you do make a difference in my day. Thanks.

Wow...that back is some amazing looking wood. You must have searched hard to find that set
Great looking uke as always

Top Bottom