Hello

rick033

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im Rick. I just started playing ukulele and really enjoying it.

So here's a little background of how I ended up buying a ukulele. Well, I'm a typical introvert guy that maybe suffering from depression (idk I'm just guessing since I haven't been so happy for the last couple of months). I'm also very positive that I'm suffering from FPP (you may google it up). So to battle these "enemies" inside my mind, I figured maybe a ukulele can help me divert my attention and help me with my situation.

So far it's working and I'm happy playing it. I really wanna learn how to play like a "pro" and maybe you guys can help me. This might be my chance to feel proud about something that I'm really good at.

Thanks!

Welcome! And best of luck to you on your new Ukulele journey! Consider signing up for UU+ and learning the right way from the beginning.

Hi Rick, and welcome aboard the good ship UU. It is relatively easy to pick up the basics of uke playing (strumming chords and singing the melody) and, for many of us, that's enough. If you want to play like a pro, then it will take a lot of study and perseverence - as with any other instrument. It will be a very rewarding experience, and you will find that people generally respond to the ukulele in a positive manner.

All the very best in your endeavours. Even though I'm just a basic strummer and singer, playing the uke has improved my life in various ways. I definitely recommend it!

John Colter.

Greetings and welcome. I have problems with depression and anxiety myself. Lots of good info here about learning to play. Your challenge is to sort through it all and find what seems to work for you. Another thing to remember is that ukes are fun, so have fun. The more you enjoy your playing, the more others will enjoy it also. Lots of great tutorials online, both here and on YouTube. Almost like playing with someone else, just not in person. If there's a uke club nearby, take a risk and try it. They usually have beginner's lessons and are often the "friendliest people in town." There will be other's just like you that have discovered uke and are working to get comfortable with playing, both alone and with others. Good luck. We are all here to help you in your journey.

Welcome from a fellow introvert. There is little that beats sitting on the riverbank and playing what I what, when I want to play, and as loud as I want to play it. Sometimes, other people are highly overrated, especially if there is a ukulele in my hands.

Welcome to UU, Rick, glad you joined us. The uke is a great instrument in many ways. I contribute it to helping reduce my blood pressure.

Enjoy and keep us posted

Thank you guys for the welcome. BTW I'm using a KALA concert size uke.

Top Bottom