Needing some good vibes and prayers!

Ukejenny

Reaction score
Our little ukulele club has been around not quite 9 months and we have two performances coming up in September. We will play for our local community fair on September 13th, and then the Alabama Uke Fest is September 20th.

I can't believe it!!! We have three "official" ukulele groups on North Alabama, and all three groups are helping to pull off the uke fest. It is going to be so much fun - kind of like a picnic/tailgating party with ukuleles. Each group will perform that afternoon and then the entire group will have a strumming in the round at the very end. I can't believe this is actually about to happen.

I just hope I haven't forgotten anything... or everything...

I hope the weather is wonderful. So far, the only major snag is that the 20th is the day of the Alabama-Tennessee game, but we will figure out a way to broadcast it for those who go into withdrawal.

I'm so excited, I could just burst!!!

Best of luck to you. I have a family event in conflict with the Alabama Uke Fest. I hope it goes well and look forward to next year

Last edited:
Ukulele People are Great, they'll go with the flow and it will be a wonderful event or couple of events!

Way to make things happen! Nothing but good vibes and prayers from me!

keep uke'in',

Break a leg.

After being in show business for almost 30 years here in Hollywood, CA, I recently found out where "break a leg" comes from; it refers to taking a deep bow that breaks at the knee because the audience applauds so much.

So "break a leg" indeed.

Congratulations, this is awesome! May you all enjoy the fun, friendship, music and laughter! :D

Aloha Jenny
Long time no hear from you....yes kill them dead with your playing..you go girl

Everyone will have a blast no matter what. Everyone will do their best and play their hearts out, and learn, and keep doing it until it's a "well oiled machine", year after year. LOL

Wow, that is so cool! We're in our 6th year, I think with the Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway....it never ceases to amaze me, the quality of musicians that we draw. I hope you have a wonderful festival, and wish you all the luck with it! It's the most you'll ever have, likely!

After being in show business for almost 30 years here in Hollywood, CA, I recently found out where "break a leg" comes from; it refers to taking a deep bow that breaks at the knee because the audience applauds so much.

So "break a leg" indeed.

Learn something new everyday!

I am sure you will put on an amazing show! Remember to have fun and enjoy the day!

I know exactly how you feel! Our second annual Uke fest is happening this weekend here in New Jersey.

Go with the flow, and learn as you go. We planned and prepared last year, but there were definitely some things that we just made up as we went along and everything worked out beautifully.

As mentioned above, Ukulele folks are happy, flexible, nurturing people and having fun is unavoidable. Just make sure that you and the other people in charge find time to participate in some of the festivities. Remember to take notes as you go to refer to afterwards so you can tweak things for next year.

Break a leg have a blast!!!

Scooter

Ukejenny, when I saw your thread title I hoped it didn't mean you learned you had cancer or something horrible had happened in your life.

But asking people to pray for your uke gathering? Seriously?

Taking the time to piss all over a thread that was meant to be positive, and wasting your precious time on something that obviously doesn't interest you? Seriously? Please don't pray or send good thoughts or even give it another thought. "I ain't got no time for dat!"

That is totally cool about breaking a leg. I always learn something new on this site, thanks to all the good folks here.

We are going to have a laid back, fun day, I hope!

I seriously want to find some ukulele festivals and events near by so I can get immersed in it. It is hard for us to even make it to Atlanta. Having small kids in school dominates most of our "free" time with their activities.

Three uke groups in one place at one time? Hope a rumble doesn't break out :)

I'm sure ya'll will do great and spread lots of happiness. Take some pics!

Three uke groups in one place at one time? Hope a rumble doesn't break out :)

I'm sure ya'll will do great and spread lots of happiness. Take some pics!

Hahahahaha! I just had an image of West Side Story with ukes in my head... We all hang out and get along - visit each other's club meetings, so I think it will be okay. But, if a rumble does break out, I will try my best to get pics and videos so I can share them here! :music: :shaka:

Top Bottom