James Hill's fingernails

KnowsPickin

Reaction score
How long or short does James Hill keep his fingernails? I've tried to glean it from his videos I've seen, but the info is not generally forthcoming. Most Fingerstyle ukulele players tend to keep their fingernails quite long. But I saw one close-up of his hands that showed his nails quite short. Has anyone been close enough to tell?

I play both Fingerstyle and with a pick. I also play bass guitar, where long fingernails are not desirable. Also, I am prone to damaging long nails on various building and repair projects I do. So I'd rather keep my nails relatively short. If James' nails are short, it would give me more hope of making this work.

Don't know about James Hill, but Jake's are quite short. How do I know? I asked him if I could see them and he showed me.

How long or short does James Hill keep his fingernails? I've tried to glean it from his videos I've seen, but the info is not generally forthcoming. Most Fingerstyle ukulele players tend to keep their fingernails quite long. But I saw one close-up of his hands that showed his nails quite short. Has anyone been close enough to tell?

I play both Fingerstyle and with a pick. I also play bass guitar, where long fingernails are not desirable. Also, I am prone to damaging long nails on various building and repair projects I do. So I'd rather keep my nails relatively short. If James' nails are short, it would give me more hope of making this work.
Tthey do look fairly short. you only need a mm sticking over when you look at your fingers in front of you any longer I have found and they are prone to breaking.

Top Bottom