Channeling my inner George Harrison

WCBarnes

Reaction score
My father is very ill and so my family (4 sisters, 3 nieces, 2 nephews, and partridge in a pear tree...) and I have been spending a lot of time at the hospital. Playing my uke has helped me deal with the stress and pass time. I received my second uke on Monday and today decided to bring them both with me. I spent much of the day today teaching and playing with my family. It was an absolute blast! I can easily see why George would break them out at parties!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and I hope he is able to recover. I think what you are doing is wonderful. Music therapy.

Anywhere I take my ukulele becomes a fun musical time and I make new friends. I ask them to hold the ukulele while we talk and they end up playing it and learning a chord or two and then they love it. It is a magical instrument.

Ukulele is a miraculous little instrument. I'm glad it is serving you so well in difficult times.
How very true....it most often brings a smile to ones face and I bet it does the same for the soul too.
Best wishes for you Dad and your family in this difficult time and thank you for sharing this post with us.

Top Bottom