NUD: Yet More Moore Bettah

katysax

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is a lucky week on UU - I too am the happy recipient of a new Mo Bettah. The pictures were taken by Chuck.

The pictures do not do justice to the beauty of this instrument. The wood work is exquisite and subtle. It truly does play like butter and the sound has great depth and beauty.

DSC_003.jpgDSC_0007.jpgDSC_0005.jpgDSC_0001.jpgDSC_0002.jpg

Chuck has been very busy lately. Another exquisite instrument that is stoking my jealousy.

Nice I knew this MBU was for a UU member also...glad it is yours....:)

congrats...I have one with the same Milo/Spruce wood combo with the offset soundhole..hard to beat the tone...IMO
take care my Moore Bettah sista....hope too meet you soon.....

Congratulations! That's a beautiful Moore Bettah. I hope you enjoy it as much as the one I was able to buy used earlier this year..

Here's a photo Chuck posted a few days ago on Facebook. It's nice to see how many of these Moore Bettah ukuleles are now with fellow UUers.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Congratulations! I was hoping some more UU folks were getting a package from Chuck. Yesterday & Today have been the most amazing NUDs on UU!

That Milo is gorgeous. I agree with Len the offset soundhole looks awesome with the Spuce/Milo. Congratulations!

Yay, congratulations, it is beautiful. I love the family shot of all of our ukes lined up together. Now we just have to figure out who got the rope binding!

Last edited:
Aloha S,
Comgrats to the MB family as well.... sorry you could not make it here this time.....Happy strummings... your uke is stunning as well wow..
UU is raining new MB owners this round..woo hooo that leaves just two unaccounted builds left the rope tenor and other milo/spruce... :)

Way to go, Katy! Our ukes are the MB graduating class of the hurricane.

I wish you joy with it. Mine sounds wonderful now, but I'm playing it hard to hasten its opening up. Don't you love the finish?

Aloha S,
Comgrats to the MB family as well.... sorry you could not make it here this time.....Happy strummings... your uke is stunning as well wow..
UU is raining new MB owners this round..woo hooo that leaves just two unaccounted builds left the rope tenor and other milo/spruce... :)

just one as the other milo / spruce is Chucks.

Way to go, Katy! Our ukes are the MB graduating class of the hurricane.

I wish you joy with it. Mine sounds wonderful now, but I'm playing it hard to hasten its opening up. Don't you love the finish?

Yep, they are the hurricane ukes, infused with lots of mana. I agree, the finish is phenomenal -- glossy like crazy but the softest feel to it. My Kanilea feels sticky by comparison.

I am also like you, trying to play the heck out of it to open it up faster. And I actually went downstairs last night to see it one last time before I went to bed.

Congratulations! I was hoping some more UU folks were getting a package from Chuck. Yesterday & Today have been the most amazing NUDs on UU!

That Milo is gorgeous. I agree with Len the offset soundhole looks awesome with the Spuce/Milo. Congratulations!

Absolutely agree. And the "bear claw" in that spruce is really nice!!

Wow that is really cool! I love that this batch has so many UU recipients! I love that Milo / Spruce combination too, I am sure you will treasure that ukulele for a long time to come.

Aloha S,

Haha Stan the last Milo/Spruce is Chuck's shop uke...he has one too....:)

Wow! Congratulations. Quite an MB week on UU! Happy for you.

um didn't Chuckie have a milo/ spruce one already...your sister uke?? hmmmmm maybe up for sale to visitors....:)

Haha Stan that is the one...Chuck's own Milo/Spruce MBU with the Black and White Ebony fretboard...
it stays and watches the shop when all the new ones leave home...:)

only one not accounted for the MB with the rope binding....did you get it....Haha...:)

Top Bottom