PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from Oldephart ?

Ukuleleblues
08-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Anyone heard from Oldephart? I haven't seem a posting from him for a few months. I hope everything is OK . Anyone know anything?

bunnyf
08-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Miss his post. Insightful but also a giggle.

coolkayaker1
08-28-2014, 04:21 PM
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?98126-Season-124-Ready-Set-Write!&highlight=oldephart

Agree with you, ukeblues. As do a couple others on his Season 124 thread (recent posts). He did not even judge his own season, which is absolutely not his style. Is anyone his Facebook friend? Or next door neighbor?

Doc_J
08-28-2014, 04:31 PM
Yea, I've missed John's posts too. It's been over 6 weeks since he posted last.

Sent him a PM. Hope everything is ok with him.

kvehe
08-28-2014, 04:48 PM
I'd been wondering about this myself the last few days. My last contact via PM was two months ago.

vanflynn
08-28-2014, 06:10 PM
I know he gets deep into projects but usually comes up for air.

Hope all is alright.

Hawkshaw
08-28-2014, 06:57 PM
I've missed his posts too. Hope he's o.k.

coolkayaker1
08-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Can someone who knows his first and last name please google it, plus Texas (town? Anyone buy one of his ukuleles? Check your past emails for his town), or his place of employment, and see if there's been any news about the chap. It may be as simple as him being tossed in the pokey and he didn't choose UU for his one telephone call. Lol.

John? John?

http://youtu.be/f4zyjLyBp64

ukemunga
08-29-2014, 01:49 AM
Uh-oh. He DID buy a motorcycle recently. I hope there's no connection. :(

sukie
08-29-2014, 03:11 AM
At UWC a couple years ago we did trade cell numbers. I do have it, but have never used it. Would it be okay, you think, to text him and see if all is well?

DaveY
08-29-2014, 03:57 AM
At UWC a couple years ago we did trade cell numbers. I do have it, but have never used it. Would it be okay, you think, to text him and see if all is well?

He gave you his cell number – there's no statute of limitations – go for it.

Tootler
08-29-2014, 04:09 AM

Go for it. We're all concerned.

Ukulele Eddie
08-29-2014, 04:27 AM
I checked his profile on his last activity was 7-14. Hopefully he's just been too busy enjoying his motorcycle and playing his uke.

bnolsen
08-29-2014, 04:35 AM
He gave you his cell number – there's no statute of limitations – go for it.

texting would definitely be most appropriate!

sukie
08-29-2014, 04:37 AM
Awaiting a reply.

sukie
08-29-2014, 04:45 AM
He is ALIVE!!!! Work shake-up and "insanely busy"... And, apparently he has other hobbies besides ukulele. Who does that? :-D. Something about motorcycles and catching up on "honeydoes". He is working 80 hour weeks.

Maybe he will pop in if he gets a chance. Well, that's my guess.

cletus
08-29-2014, 04:51 AM
:cheers:

Thank you, Sukie.

Ukulele Eddie
08-29-2014, 04:54 AM
Great news. Thanks, Sukie!

DownUpDave
08-29-2014, 04:54 AM
That is great to hear. I know he has health issues so I was concerned. It was nice to see so were a lot of others.

kvehe
08-29-2014, 05:18 AM
Thanks, Sukie! I feel so much better now.

coolkayaker1
08-29-2014, 05:24 AM
He is ALIVE!!!! Work shake-up and "insanely busy"... Something about motorcycles and catching up on "honeydoes".

Ah, so whoever kidnapped him and texted you back with his phone isn't too cunning after all; we all know John would never allow himself to be "insanely busy" with "honeydoes". It's completely out of his character.

Let's ask a question only John would know--like what is the name of his own Season of the Ukulele, still unjudged--and see what gets texted back. If it's "Season of ukulele? What are you talking about?" then we need to contact the FBI. At least the authorities will be able to check for pings from cell phone towers to rescue John.

Thank you, Sukie. You are a kind person.:)

Skinny Money McGee
08-29-2014, 08:32 AM
Ah, so whoever kidnapped him and texted you back with his phone isn't too cunning after all; we all know John would never allow himself to be "insanely busy" with "honeydoes". It's completely out of his character.

Let's ask a question only John would know--like what is the name of his own Season of the Ukulele, still unjudged--and see what gets texted back. If it's "Season of ukulele? What are you talking about?" then we need to contact the FBI. At least the authorities will be able to check for pings from cell phone towers to rescue John.

Good idea, Dr. Evil might have captured him

Ukulele Eddie
08-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Good idea, Dr. Evil might have captured him

Naw, I think the most likely suspects are those who entered his contest. One of those is holding him hostage until he annoints them the winner. But we all know John's will is strong and he would rather die in captivity than be coerced into fixing the contest. That is, unless his captor realizes the only way to break him is to drown him with "music" from an ill tuned, low quality ukelele!

Ukuleleblues
08-29-2014, 03:32 PM
I am glad he is OK. Thanks for getting in touch with him and letting us know. I PMed him a week or so ago asking if he was OK and got worried when I got not reply. I am in IT too and know how it can get sometimes. Thanks again!!

Ukejenny
08-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Good to know he is well! Perhaps we could start a campaign and do "Free Oldephart" T-shirts?

sukie
08-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Good to know he is well! Perhaps we could start a campaign and do "Free Oldephart" T-shirts?

Hilarious. You set it up, I'm in!

Skinny Money McGee
08-30-2014, 04:23 AM

I'm in for a shirt

Funny, Jenny. Anthem set to the music of the song "Free Nelson Mandela".

http://youtu.be/AgcTvoWjZJU

Do one of the Seeso style videos with everyone playing the uke and singing "Freeeee Johnny Oldephart"

Teek
08-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Thanks for checking on him! I belong to the V-Star forum too and was going to check with a PM there til I saw that you got through. I thought maybe he had taken his 650 cross country.

bnolsen
11-04-2014, 07:03 PM
any updates? maybe i just missed him dropping in...