Cocobolo Ukuleles Free Return Policy

Cocobolo Ukuleles

Reaction score
Hello all,

I know that it can be risky to buy any instrument without having the chance to see it and play it is person first. For this reason, I have decided to offer a Free Return Policy for our ukuleles.

If you are unhappy with your new ukulele, for any reason, I will refund your purchase price and pay for return shipping myself. You will have 7 days from the receipt of your ukulele to make this decision.

I wish that we were able to work with more dealers throughout the world so that customers could see and hear our ukuleles in person, but we are a small company, and our production capacity is limited. We only have 2 luthiers, and our ukuleles are handmade from a limited selection of tools. I love the fact that we are able to give each ukulele the attention that it deserves, and we will never lose our commitment to quality over quantity.

Here is a list of dealers that we are currently working with in the United States (in alphabetical order). Please stop by and take a look in person:

Anacapa Ukulele, Ventura, CA and Los Angeles, CA
Elderly Instruments, Lansing, MI
Fan Guitar and Ukulele, Richmond, VA
The Fretted Frog, Pasadena, CA
Guitar Emporium, Louisville, KY
Hix Brothers Music, Aurora, IL and Batavia, IL
Homestead Pickin' Parlor, Richfield, MN
The Olde Town Pickin' Parlor, Arvada, CO
Old Town School of Folk Music, Chicago, IL
Parrish Music, Viroqua, WI
The Strum Shop, Roseville, CA
Uncle Jon's Music, Westmont, IL

Thanks again for your interest. Please let me know if you have any other thoughts or questions.

Sincerely,

Kevin Keith

*** This offer applies to US customers. I will extend a similar offer to customers from other countries, but I will offer to cover the first $40 of return shipping, which is about what it would cost from the US. My intention is to give you a risk-free chance to check out our ukuleles in person, and to give you more confidence in doing so.

Attachments

• Cocobolo1.jpg
    Cocobolo1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Cocobolo2.jpg
    Cocobolo2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Cocobolo3.jpg
    Cocobolo3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Cocobolo37.jpg
    Cocobolo37.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
That's awesome, Kevin! Good job on offereing the warranty!

I wish that we were able to work with more dealers throughout the world so that customers could see and hear our ukuleles in person, but we are a small company, and our production capacity is limited. We only have 2 luthiers, and our ukuleles are handmade from a limited selection of tools. I love the fact that we are able to give each ukulele the attention that it deserves, and we will never lose our commitment to quality over quantity.
Don't grow too big too fast. The business world is loaded with failures that started off as success stories with ambitions that were unrealistic.

Boogie, I am excited for you to check out them out as well. Anacapa Ukulele has several nice ones. Once you get a chance to play them in person, please share your thoughts with the UU community!

Rappsy, I appreciate your advice. We have developed a tight quality control system that has really helped us improve the consistency of our ukuleles. Our luthiers are becoming more talented with every ukulele that they make, and I am very excited about our progress. Quality is always going to be our number one priority.

Last edited:
Keith:

I visited your website and the pictures are beautiful. Further reading on the forum says you only carry concerts at this time? That's what I play so it's all good, but will you be making a long neck soprano anytime soon? Is there a place I can go to see what you have available now? If so, can I pick out the one I want? Do you have 2nds, blems, etc? I usually get those and save a pretty penny.

Thanks.

Last edited:
What is the scale length of the current concert design? I'm also becoming a fan of the longneck soprano form factor, though I have too many as it is. :)

Rappsy,

Thanks for your comments about the pictures on our website. We are lucky to have access to such amazing tonewoods. With the right bookmatching, many of our ukuleles turn out to be works of art.

Currently we only offer a concert model. We are in the process of designing a tenor model, but, in the spirit of not growing too fast, it is probably going to be at least 3 months until they become available. I want to make sure that we get them dialed in first. Eventually I would like to make a soprano model as well, but that will probably be at least a year or so. I will keep you posted as our plans evolve.

As for picking out the ukulele that you like, I normally try to send customers some pictures of a few different ukuleles that I have available at the moment. Happy customers = more happy customers :)

Sometimes I have a ukulele that has a minor blemish etc that I offer for a discount. This is on a case by case basis depending on the situation. Like you say, it is a good way to get a great sounding instrument for a discount. At the moment I don't have any available, but I can let you know if any become available if you would like.

We have been seeing a lot of demand lately, and I have already sent most of the ukuleles from the last group to dealers and customers, but I still have one really nice ukulele that I have been holding on to for the right customer. It has really pretty grain designs in the cocobolo, the workmanship is spot-on, and it has a 1.75 mm soundboard, which really brings out the sound in the cocobolo. I wish that you could see it in person, but here are a few photos to give you an idea:

P1040108.jpg

P1040109.jpg

P1040110.jpg

If you are interested, please send me an email to cocoboloukuleles@gmail.com

Thanks again for your interest. Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Kevin

Last edited:
What is the scale length of the current concert design? I'm also becoming a fan of the longneck soprano form factor, though I have too many as it is. :)

Hi Jim, we use a 15" scale length on our current concert design. I will keep you all posted on our progress with the sopranos.

I hear you on the too many thing... UAS can strike quickly :)

Nice looking instruments! What kind of friction tuners are available?

Thanks

Thank you Cletus. We use Grover Sta-Tite #9nb geared tuners standard on our ukuleles, but if you are interested in a custom order we can install your choice of tuners for no additional cost. We have installed Peghed tuners on several custom cocobolo tops that turned out really nicely.

Unfortunately, it is difficult for us to get them here because many companies won't ship internationally. If you buy them and mail them to us we would be happy to install them for you.

Top Bottom