Hawaiian Tahitian Mashup on a Moore Bettah Uke

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I went to Hawaii and Tahiti this year so decided to do a mashup of Mama E & Orira'a I Tahiti since they are both in the key of F. The idea sounded much better than the mashup!! hahaha

Sounds beautiful, Daniel! Both the uke and the playing!

(How do you memorize these songs?)

Loved it Daniel. That dropped tuning sounded great, really deep, smooth, and clear.

I like it a lot! :) And that MB is sounding great. You are really good Daniel -- I'm really impressed at both your memorization and also your transcription skills.

Sounding very good!

Thank you everyone for watching and of course, Hodge would recognize the drop tuning as he's the master of finding the right key for all his ukes...whatever that means!! hahaha

As for memorizing, there a couple of keys for me...
First, you gotta like the song as it's hard when you're forced to memorize something you don't like
Second, know how to play every song with the sheet music. I know a lot of people trying to memorize the "hard" parts because they have a hard time looking at the music and playing. That's not a good way as if you get nervous, you start forgetting as you will notice in almost everything I play, I mess up!
Thirdly, it really helps if you know what chord is used for the fingering picking as you can probably find notes close to that chord so it helps you remember the notes
Finally, most important is repetition...which ultimately means there's no magic formula!! ;)

Wicked!

Jealous of your MB, too.

Great stuff. Made me feel like I was sitting in the tropics listening to that.

Thanks for watching.

We should meet up at Don the Beachcomber on Sat nite as Jason Arimoto plays uke out there.

That would be nice. I have always enjoyed your company.
Also, I recently found a good Hawaiian plate lunch place at Brookhurst and Adams.

I am not used to using double superlatives but that Moore Bettah sounds more better!

Top Bottom