What type of Ukulele Strap is this?

Looks to me like a regular guitar strap with the ukulele having end pins. I wouldn't recommend hanging your uke like that without the locking end pins though.

If I were going to carry a Uke slung over my back like that, it would be in a gig bag with shoulder straps, or at least in a regular backpack.

I was carrying my uke like that a few weeks ago, but I had the leather fob on the end of the strap on the A tuner knob. The strap came off hit the hard floor cracking the glossy finish of the uke on the edge at the top of the bout, and dented the top edge of the headstock. Put a second strap button on all my ukes after that and I'll never sling a uke around like that again.

You have to realize the ad wants you to see the ukulele not a case or bag. They expect that people who buy it and play it will have more sense than the still picture they show. Anyone who rides a skateboard without at least gloves is just a target for a bad case of concrete rash. Why would he be expected to properly care for his instrument more than for his own body?

On a fine day, if i was getting around on a skateboard, impressing girls like in the photo, i would have the Kala out and visible and would be ready to play like the chart topper of the time at the drop of a hat. Only old people and parents would be worrying about cases and stuff. If the strap gives way, nonchalance would be my friend as I pick up the uke off the ground and try to get the interest of the girl and look cool and say how well built the the kala is well built, and it has a great strap. Etc

Sorry, but I used up all my nonchalance the day I tipped over on my motorcycle at the car wash while trying to impress the girl drying off the wheels of her car.

Thanks everybody for your help, but I wasn't trying to be a hipster and ride my skateboard with an ukulele on my back. I actually just wanted to have a strap for gigs so I don't have to take it in and out of a bag.

Reminds me of Johnny Cash, in the middle of a song, slinging his guitar around to his back so he could croon and swoon.

Top Bottom