Season 133 - Sweet Stuff!!

myrnaukelele

Reaction score
Welcome to Season 133 of the Ukulele - Sweet Stuff!

Challenge
Play a song on your ukulele about something sweet or with sweet words such as Honey/Sugar/Cherry Pie etc. in the title.
Bands with Sweet in their name (or sugar/honey etc) are fair game as well.
Banned song this week: Chocolate Rain. Keep it Sweet.

Rules
1. Your entry must be a video produced this week for this contest. In your video, indicate somehow that your performance is for the 133rd Season of the Ukulele.
2. You must play ukulele in your video. Your friends and/or family are encouraged to join you (on whatever instruments they like).
3. Multi-track to your heart's delight. I admire all you talented Seasonistas who can multi-track. Or simply play the uke with no extra effects what-so-ever. I love listening to you all (multi-tracked or not). When it comes right down to it every video has an equal chance to win since I will be pulling names out of a hat.
4. Post your video entry in this thread no sooner than Sunday, August 31st, at 12:00am (Hawaii time) and no later than the following Sunday, September 7th, at 12:00am (Hawaii time).
5. You may submit three entries. Each entry gets your name into the hat.

Prizes
You guessed it! I'll be mailing something sweet to the five people whose names I pull out of the hat. Or maybe I'll do the random generator thingy. :eek:

Playlist - Sweet Songs
133rd Season - Sweet Songs Playlist

Bonus Playlist - Ain't She Sweet
There will be a second bonus drawing. Post your version of the classic uke tune "Ain't She Sweet" to the thread. This does NOT have to be recorded especially for this week. If you have done a version of this song sometime in the past it may be posted to this thread for the extra drawing.
Ain't She Sweet Playlist

Bonus Playlist - Sweet Georgia Brown
There will be a third bonus drawing. Post your version of the classic jam tune "Sweet Georgia Brown" to the thread. This does NOT have to be recorded especially for this week. If you have done a version of this song sometime in the past it may be posted to this thread for the extra drawing.
Sweet Georgia Brown Playlist

Last edited:
great theme! poor you, coming home to find us all clamouring for your season!
The funny thing is I'm one of those Seasonistas who believes in posting as soon as possible on Saturday afternoon. I don't think it really interferes with the current season to post the new season theme early on Saturday. And that way all those folks who are ready for a new season can get started. It's just that today, of all days, I was elsewhere when I would normally have posted. Next time I host I promise to be prompt!

There's a song I wanted to do for 132 that I thought of too late to have it ready. But it fits this theme so well. X3 looks like the Fates are smiling on me

I have wanted to play this one FOREVER! Great excuse right here- one of the Bob Wills songs without Tommy Duncan that I adore- thanks for the reason Myrna :)

An obvious choice, but I just had to celebrate one of the first uke songs I learned. No doubt more - and better - versions will follow, but I had fun doing it!

Edit: Yay Myrna made this our Bonus Theme Song! I can't wait to hear other versions!

Ain't She Sweet

Last edited:
Right, here's my first entry.

Ok here's one for you that plays with the concept a bit.

This is "Candy Says" by the Velvet Underground (I almost typed "Velvet Undergourd" there):

The "Candy" in the title likely refers to Candy Darling, a cross dresser who hung out with the Warhol crowd in the late '60s. Makes me think of a bad joke: Q: Where does Candy Darling like to shop for bargains?

A: CRoss Dress for Less

And we're off to a very sweet start! Great entries so far - looking forward to many more delicious entries before this week is out.
Patience (on my part and yours) is required at the moment. Last month I accidentally became a Google plus member when I clicked the wrong button. I held out as long as I could before Google automatically upgraded me without my permission. I know all of you are over it by now but can I just say I HATE GOOGLE PLUS!!!!!!! :mad: I have created the playlist. It will not allow me to add videos to it at the moment. I will persevere and the playlist will be posted soon (I hope).

Sweet holy crazy cow! So many entries already and I'm not even done with last week! I'll never catch up LOLOLOL!
Hang in there bonesigh. It's only 8AM on Sunday in Hawaii at the moment. Plenty of time to get a song in for Ralf's Season. I too need to learn my song and make my video for Season 132. I just need to figure out the playlist thing first.

OK - Playlist is up. Now I need to figure out how to name it "PLAYLIST". Linda told me once but I can't remember what to do to make the words show over the link.

Great job, Pa! This was the first song I thought of too. I think I might do it anyway and throw it over to the Island. I love this song.

Fred - we'd love to hear your version! Each version is unique. It doesn't matter that someone else did the same song for the same season. You get three entries - feel free to make this song one of them.

And I'm hoping for a Maple Syrup song from you too!!

Last edited:
Fred - we'd love to hear your version! Each version is unique. It doesn't matter that someone else did the same song for the same season. You get three entries - feel free to make this song one of them.

Yes Fred that we certainly includes me- it is a beaut little song that would fit in season 132 as well. I would love to hear your take on it.

My brother invited me to the monthly open mic of the local uke club to do a show and tell with the Little White Ukulele - I gave Ukulele Underground and especially the seasons a HUGE wrap. Over a hundred people there. I butchered my little Good to be Home song though. Didn't get home til after season start time which is why my post was a little later than usual.

Myrna to make any text into a LINK you drag to high light the text and click on the earth with the chain link icon between the smiley face and the envelope and paste the address of the play list in the space that appears.

Pa - Great to hear the Little White Uke continues to inspire!
And thanks for the info on making a link become text. I am fairly computer savvy and work on both Macs and PCs. But sometimes it's the little things that mystify me.

Top Bottom