Kala “Uke Crazy” tweed baritone case for my Kala uke - opinions?

Brown_Bear

Reaction score
Hello Ukulele Underground Forum Members,

This is my first post and am glad to have found this great site. I was given a 1972 Giannini baritone uke about two years ago and have enjoyed noodling on it.

Yesterday I received my new Kala acacia wood baritone uke (KA-ASAC-B), and am impressed by the wonderful lows and bright highs it produces. My Giannini is a bit dark, but projects well.

I’ve been searching for a TWEED case online for part of the day and am wondering if anyone has an opinion on the Kala http://kala-gear.hostedbyamazon.com/dp/B00KVUOFCS case? Makes sense that I’d purchase a Kala case, although it looks like a rebranded Stagg case.

It seems that you can only find the Kala case directly from the manufacturer (about $96) or I can get a Stagg on ebay (about $56 with free shipping). Any experience with the Kala case or Stagg?

I’m certain they’re all Chinese made. I tried to look for an American manufacturer, but can’t find any. If you know of any who make a tweed case please let me know.

Thanks for any opinions,
Brown Bear

Get the Stagg.

I love the uke crazy tweed case, but don't have one. That will be my next case.

Im always passing on the tweed versions (amp, cases) because it looks hard to keep clean or undamaged over time.

Hi Brown_Bear,
I have a Kala tweed Uke Crazy case in tenor size and a Stagg tweed soprano case. While very similar, the Stagg case is a bit nicer than the Uke Crazy case (black fuzz lining vs red fuzz) and the latches seem slightly more heavy duty. However, both are good cases and I would go with whichever you can get a better deal on. Also, I love the look of the yellow tweed :)

Top Bottom