700,000 Strings A Day!

bariukish

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
In the September 8th edition of Forbes magazine there is a story about the four generations of the D'Addario family business. The article states that they make 700,000 strings a day for their world wide customers. WOW! This also gives you some great insight into the evolution of instrument strings and modern manufacturing techniques. If you can get your hands on the current Forbes issue, I think you'll enjoy this article. If you can't find a copy now, keep it in mind in a year or three when you see it in your Dr. or dentist office.

There are a lot of good brands out there but D'Addarios are one of my favorites. I've used them on my guitars and currently have Pro Arte on my tenor and T2 titanium on my bari. IMHO they are a great value.

Yeah, D'Addarios are good strings. I've never stuck with any particular string brand, but I've always like the D'Addarios I've used. Thanks for the tip. I'll look for that article, sounds interesting.

D'Addario are big in the world of steel strings. Steel strings should be replaced every couple of weeks at least unlike classical strings which are just starting to bed down after a couple of weeks.

Anthony

Thanks for the heads up. Thanks also for the links. Good read. You have to admire a family business that provides local jobs
Cliff

D'Addarios makes a wide range of products. I'm about to try some of their premium clarinet reeds. I've been playing another reed brand that D'Addario owns.

Top Bottom