Hannabach uke strings (and stringsandbeyond.com)

itsme

Reaction score
Hannabach Goldin fluorocarbons used to be my favorite classical guitar strings. Then a few years ago, something happened with the exchange rates and the Euro or whatever, and prices went thru the roof and out of my budget. I found Oasis fluoros to be fairly comparable at a fraction of the cost.

Recently found out Hannabach is making uke strings now, not very many places carry them yet. I found them at a good price (tenors for $9) at stringsandbeyond.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for uke strings. I think their prices are pretty good, free shipping at $35. Looked online for discount codes and found one that got me and extra $2 off.

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/hannabach.html

The Lehua (all solid Australian blackwood) I got a few months ago had Aquilas on it and I thought they were a bit harsh sounding on this uke.

Put the Hannabachs on it last weekend. They settled fairly quickly, and I think they give this uke a very sweet, bell-like tone. Closest comparison I have experience with is Worth clears.

Anyway, don't think I've seen anyone else mention Hannabachs here before. I think they're definitely worth trying if you like something a little less common.

I saw these back in January. I knew Hannabach made quality strings, both nylon and carbon, but the site didn't list the string material for the uke set. I sent an email to Hannabach and got a response that they were nylon strings, not carbon. I prefer Fluorocarbon strings, so i never tried them. Good to hear they are working out for you.

I have a set here that a friend got for me while he was buying other strings at Strings and Beyond, but I haven't put them on yet. They will go on the next string change that's needed.

I am a satisfied customer of Strings and Beyond. I have bought more guitar strings and picks (especially hard to find picks) than anything else, but I recently bought a set of low-G, nonwound, Aquillas at a lower price, including shipping, than anywhere else. They're great; check them out.Ok

I knew Hannabach made quality strings, both nylon and carbon, but the site didn't list the string material for the uke set. I sent an email to Hannabach and got a response that they were nylon strings, not carbon. I prefer Fluorocarbon strings, so i never tried them.
I generally prefer fluorocarbons as well, wasn't sure what these were. And it may just be a case of when a particular string happens to work well on a particular uke.

Like I said, I tend to find Aquilas rather harsh sounding, but they "work" on some ukes. I tried a set of Aquilas on my Guitalele recently, and they really livened it up over the D'Addarios that were on it.

I generally prefer fluorocarbons as well, wasn't sure what these were. And it may just be a case of when a particular string happens to work well on a particular uke.

Absolutely, you never know what will "work" for a particular uke.

I have a Mahwe tenor made in Peru that I really enjoy. I originally had Aquila reds on it but last week one string broke so I decided to do some nut work and installed the Hannabach, which I had wanted to try out. They have now been on a few days and are settling in nicely. I find the sound excellent. Mellow and clear. I now want to try these on my vintage Martin soprano which is sounding a little harsh with the Reds on it.

Strings and beyond is a wonderful company. I've ordered at least 30 sets of strings through them. The strings are exactly as described, at a very low price and sent with a great sense of humor! They send a lot of email promotions too and are just a great place to get strings. Imho... :)

then Why the **** are you responding!!!!!!???????????

I have a set here that a friend got for me while he was buying other strings at Strings and Beyond, but I haven't put them on yet. They will go on the next string change that's needed.

then why the **** are you responding!!!??? Idiot!!!!!!!

Please - that is totally uncalled for. Remember the Forum Rules:

1) GOLDEN RULE: DON'T BE A JERK
All members are equal. Your fame/experience/expertise does not give you the right to disregard the golden rule.

BlueLatitude was simply responding to:
Anyway, don't think I've seen anyone else mention Hannabachs here before. I think they're definitely worth trying if you like something a little less common.

Try to keep that in mind, Okay?

-Kurt​

In addition to what Kurt posted above, it might be wise for Donagatbear to consider that now in July 2017, his is responding to a post on a thread that is from 3 yrs 10 months ago, and that person (BlueLatitude) is likely moved on from this forum, like many folks who were active at that time...and thus will thankfully NEVER be tempted by such borderline trolling comments...

Please try to remain civilized here. Thank you. :)

Glad to see this post returning to it's original theme. I have been experimenting with nylons for the last 6 weeks or so. So far, I have been buying the Hannabach Silver Special classical guitar singles. To my taste they easily the best sounding nylon strings I have tried to date. The nice thing about the Silver Specials is that they have 5 different tensions to choose from. Here is a link to a page with some of the options available:

https://www.stringsbymail.com/searc..._id=&keyword=Hannabach+Silver+Special&x=0&y=0

Top Bottom