Help deciding on second ukulele

B3nji

Reaction score
So I am looking at buying my second ukulele, I am looking for something with a little bit different sound. My current uke is a kala ka-15s and I am looking for a little guidance, what I was looking at so far was:

Islander ac4

Islander mac4

Kala ka-pwc

Kala ka-cem

With that list being all concert size but from what I have read on here is that the wood used is laminate and that doesn't effect sound. So my question would be in the price range I am looking in and what I am looking for would a tenor size be a better way to go? Or would something on list get me what I am looking for?

Last edited:
I would recommend a different size and maybe tuned to low g if it's a tenor. That will make,it quite.different than a standard soprano with rentrant high g tunning

Kalas are pretty good for the money.

Gee, we love telling people what uke to buy almost as much as we love buying them ourselves!!! :2cents: Have you held and/or played either a concert size or a tenor size uke? It's hard to know what will "feel best" in someone else's hands. Even if not buying there, most music stores that carry any ukes at all generally have both those sizes. I suggest you hold and play them to see which size you prefer. Whether tenor or concert sizes (the ukes on your list come in both), the ukes you have listed are all good players. If you can squeeze a few more bucks into your budget, you may want to consider similar models with a solid top (generally spruce or mahogany.)

Top Bottom