Craigslist for UAS

cashew

Reaction score
Hi guys--

I think I found a steal on a uke from craigslist :) I'm so happy-- I hopefully will be getting it on Sunday (if everything works out)

Have any of you used craigslist to get more ukes? How were your experiences?

Excitedly Yours!
--Nut

Whoa, you actually found a uke on New York's craigslist? :eek: I've seen a grand total of 1, and it was a Hilo they bought at Guitar Center. In true craigslist fashion, they said it was a "nice ukelele." Congrats on the find!

Its a kala concert-- taking a trek out to queens come sunday to check it out...

For $80 bucks, I can stand a little road trip.

Oahu Craigslist is pretty good for ukes, for an obvious reason. My experience has been good. Got some pretty sweet deals.

But I wait until I see ukes that are going for about half of their internet prices to buy. All the time I see deals that members on this forum would consider good deals, but I pass all of those up to find the STEALS. Its rare that someone is trying to make a really quick sale, but it does happen, and when it does, I try to be the first to bite. Gotta love high supply of ukes in hawaii...supply up, prices down!

If only I could find a craigslist seller in Hawai'i who wouldn't mind shipping to the mainland. :(

Oahu Craigslist is pretty good for ukes, for an obvious reason. My experience has been good. Got some pretty sweet deals.

But I wait until I see ukes that are going for about half of their internet prices to buy. All the time I see deals that members on this forum would consider good deals, but I pass all of those up to find the STEALS. Its rare that someone is trying to make a really quick sale, but it does happen, and when it does, I try to be the first to bite. Gotta love high supply of ukes in hawaii...supply up, prices down!

It's like yall have Ukulele trees down there or something.

Shipping is a big craigslist no-no.

Just curious, but why is that? Just the effort to keep things local? I've only sold items on Craigslist that I considered too big to ship (especially the two cars I've sold on Craigslist - lol). Is it in the terms that you won't ship or is it just an unwritten thing?

There's no binding agreement or anything, so it's pretty easy to scam. There ARE craigslisters who ship/accept shipped items, but it's very rare because of all the dangers.

Cashew, I contacted the seller of this Ukelele, told me there was someone in line ahead of me, I assume this is you. Seems like a sign of a fair deal.

I'm a new guy here, first post, actually looking to get a tenor beginners Uke.
Bought a concert size Lanikai for my niece, fell in love with the thing before I gave it to her, now I want one.

Can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only uke player in Utah.

There's at least one more. His name is Preston and he's often found hanging out on the ezFolk forums.

There's probably less of them in Utah because of that law (Salt Lake City only??) against carrying a "naked" -- i.e. not in a case or bag -- ukulele in public.

True story, but I'm pretty sure they don't enforce it much.

EDIT: According to the Flea Market Music Player Directory there are 19 in Utah and one ukulele club. It's the beginning of a wave, I tell ya!

Just curious, but why is that? Just the effort to keep things local? I've only sold items on Craigslist that I considered too big to ship (especially the two cars I've sold on Craigslist - lol). Is it in the terms that you won't ship or is it just an unwritten thing?

Craigslist is the anti-ebay. There are no fees to advertise on the CL. It was designed to put money in the seller's pockets. Think about it if you meet with someone you get the product and you know whether or not you are getting ripped off but if you were to pay someone for shipping it to you how are you sure that you will get your product?

My wife and I have used CL to sale many things that we just want to get rid of. Minimum amount of money (sometimes free) and I don't want to have to deal with the hassel of meeting people or shipping. They come to me.

I personnaly know Preston and he is a great guy

Yes he is! I've talked with him a couple times on Skype as well as corresponding on the boards.

That reminds me... I really should see if I can get Skype running on this machine. I haven't used it in ages.

two of my firefox homepage tabs go straight to craiglist in los angeles and orange county with a search results for ukulele. I love CL and im always on a look out for great deals. I have sold a bunch of stuff thru cl and a few was shipped with no issues what so ever...

I sold a 94 integra within 6 hours... ever since then, I've been hooked on CL

and speaking of great deals... Check this one out... He mis spelled Koaloha but I got it... If I didnt just bought an ukulele 2 days ago, I would be all over this one:shaka:

back from queens, the guy was very nice-- and, my new uke is a beauty :)
He threw in the humidifier for nada, which is very nice
Unfortunately, the weather sucks today so no sun for nice outdoor pics (I was hoping to go to the ufo's at the worlds fair grounds for pics, but no go today)

--Nut

There's at least one more. His name is Preston and he's often found hanging out on the ezFolk forums.

There's probably less of them in Utah because of that law (Salt Lake City only??) against carrying a "naked" -- i.e. not in a case or bag -- ukulele in public.

True story, but I'm pretty sure they don't enforce it much.

EDIT: According to the Flea Market Music Player Directory there are 19 in Utah and one ukulele club. It's the beginning of a wave, I tell ya!
Can I just tell you that you're the man? I have to go find these defiant folky folks at once!!!

Top Bottom