Anyone looking for an Ibanez ICEMAN ukulele?

LASERMAN

Reaction score
Greetings!

I have an extra Ibanez ICEMAN concert ukulele I might be persuaded to part with. The one I play has been electrified, but the other one is pretty much unused (still in the gig bag). These things are pretty hard to come by. I am trying to aquire an old Martin Tenor, and I thought this would be a good way to raise some $$$. Not sure what to ask, but I've already been offered $400 for it. I don't have a pic at the moment, but there are hundreds of pics online if you've never seen one. I figure this will probably go to someone who knows what it is and has been looking for one.

I think you should take the $400! I've been looking for one of these for a while, but the last few I've missed have sold between $100-$200.
$400 is a real score, in my opinion.

Jump at the 400; it's twice the market price. Also, be careful with the 1960's and older Martin tenors (the only ones really worthwhile). Many require neck resets, but they're great when you get a good one. Good luck....

Gone yet?

Howdy,
Have you sold the Iceman Uke yet? I've got a few (did the electric thing to one as well), just looking to see if it's still available.
Cheers.

I tried to contact the guy who offered me the big bucks - but I can't find him now. Still open for offers.

DSCN2121.jpg

I tried to contact the guy who offered me the big bucks - but I can't find him now. Still open for offers.

View attachment 84396

If it was Scott Grove I know he has a few Ibanez ukes at least three of them. He has two black one of them he has added the Paul Stanley stlye mirrors to. And he has at least one natural wood finish. (I know this from his videos where he talks about them)

Are you looking to sell the electric or the unaltered one ? or maybe both? If the electric what type of electronics did you put in it ?

I might be interested in either ukulele if you come up with an asking price please post it or PM me. (I won't try to haggle but will give you a Yes or a "not right now".)

* If you decide to put it on e-bay please let me / us know as well.

Last edited:
I put the Ibanez electronics in mine - just like the other electric Ibanez ukes. It has an integrated tuner, uhder-saddle pick-up, and uses the nickel-sized batteries.
I was looking to get rid of the un-altered one - I like the electronics, and I can't believe Ibanez didn't include it. If I had one change I could make, I would have made two rectangle sound holes to look like pick-ups, instead of a round hole. I have added electronics to several ukes, and I guess if someone wanted the electric one I would sell that and just put another one in.

I wouldn't get rid of even the un-altered one for the price everyone was saying here - I haven't seen one for sale for at least three years, and I looked for over a year to find the last one (I wanted a back-up in case I ruined it trying to put the electronics in). These are fine instruments, they play well, and with a little set-up can be outstanding.

Besides - it a $#@!!$ ICEMAN!

I have been looking for an Iceman uke. I like the Ibanez ukuleles. I am currently playing a UEW10CBE. Nice sound and great electronics. The tuner is a nice touch, too.

Electronics is not a must on the Iceman. I can always mic the uke if I gig with it.
So, what are you asking for it?

What is so special about this Uke?

What is so special about this Uke?

The ICEMAN guitar was made famous by Paul Stanley, from the rock band "KISS". The body style is unique - like the FLYING V or the LES PAUL. Unlike the Epiphone Les Paul ukulele. the Ibanez Iceman ukulele is a very playable instrument.
But to sum it up, it's the novelty value. These hardly ever get sold.

Top Bottom