FS/FT: Wishnevsky Baritone Uke/Tenor Guitar Steel Strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
Okay, here's an odd duck.
Here's a link to the maker Steve Wishnevsky: http://www.wishnevsky.com

It's from his mandolin line but it is really a multipurpose instrument. Here are the specs:

"My basic resonator Octave Mandolin, but set up as a Baritone Uke with four strings. D-G-B-E. 19" scale Neck. All domestic woods.

Really nice, heavy Curly Maple. Pearl dots on the Persimmon fingerboard.

Zero fret, so you can change tunings and strings without re-cutting the nut. No truss rod.

Quite loud, mellow tone. This is not as loud as a full scale tenor banjo, but is louder than a tenor guitar. Might just be what you need. A serious instrument, but a lot of fun too.

Saga biscuit cone. Will take ball end strings, a real plus. The cover plate is from TML, a little heavier than usual. Tuners are from WD Music.

Note, I messed up, put the fingerboard dots in the wrong place, had to move them, and edit the coverplate to move the bridge back to the right place."

Steve makes interesting insturments. This one isn't polished as far as fit or finish but plays good. You can see where once he discovered he messed up on the dot positions and measured the position of the saddle incorrectly, he just loped of the bottom of the fret board and hacked off the cover plate a tad when he moved the saddle down.

I just added the pickup. I placed a ToneMonster surface transducer to the bottom of the cone and tacked on the jack on the side. Far from perfect but it works just fine.

This just isn't for me. I thought it was cool and it is but I'm sticking to my traditional ukes.

I bought it originally for $250 which included shipping and added the pickup which I think ran me around $50 but I'll take $250 shipped to the lower 48. We'll talk shipping rates to HI and AK if you're interested.

I'm always interested in swaps for a uke of any flavor.

PM me here or e-mail me dprovines@provines.net

IMG_4672.jpgIMG_4673.jpgIMG_4674.jpgIMG_4675.jpgIMG_4676.jpg

More Photos. Oh yeah, I forgot. When I took the plate off the top, I replaced the screws with gold ones. Well, the maple is so hard, I screwed a couple of the tops off the screws. I was able to put another screw in one of the holes but the other I just had to leave off. Crazy.

IMG_4677.jpgIMG_4678.jpgIMG_4679.jpgIMG_4680.jpgIMG_4681.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom