a very valid point....

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Some may have noticed I don't post much anymore, and I believe I answered before why. Because since my stroke, I have not been able to play as I once did, either guitar, bass or the Uke. I still "plink" at it, however, I am not too stressed over it because of a point that the young boys made on AGT last night. Their grand father taught them everything they know, and had given them the talent, and the love of music to the young boys. He can no longer play himself, but just as happy living his dream through his grand sons. I never really understood it until they made that comment, that that is also my satisfaction. My daughter now 17 years old is an awesome vocalist, and musician. She has sang (on key) since she was able to talk. In fact, she sang before she could even talk. She has played guitar since she was 7 when I got her, her first guitar. She is 17 now, and a fantastic vocalist, guitarist, and percussionist. She has a love of music that is crazy at her age. I get as much, if not more satisfaction spending time with her with her guitars, her vocals etc than I ever had playing myself. She comes to me constantly for advice even still because she knows I will tell her the truth, even on the things that don't sound right. I am truely happy, and ok with my own limitations knowing that my passion will continue long after I am gone.. It reaches beyond bounderies of physical limitations in my family.

Just food for thought.. ;)

As said by someone wiser than myself "happiness is not having what you want it is wanting what you have". Sounds like you have exactly that, there is no greater feeling than realizing you raised a child right.

Thanks for sharing that, it was beautiful and well received.

Awesome Tudrop!!!!

And thank you for dropping by to let us know you're doing well.

For me, loving music and playing music are very related.

And, once again for me, there is nothing like the love of a parent for a child.

Wonderful post and happy for you, Tudorp!

It really is satisfying for me listening to her. I will be sitting in my chair "plinking", and hear her tune up in her room and start jamming either on her drums, or her guitars. I will smile, set my uke down just to listen through the upstairs floor to her. Never once when she brings her guitar down too ask me something or to share a new "lick" have I ever told her to wait because I am busy, or watching the news, etc. I have always muted the TV, or stop what I was doing to listen, give advice or critique, or just a "That is awesome baby...". I love it. She's has always been an awesome kid, even though when she took "History of Rock & Roll" as an elective her Jr. year in HS (This is her Sr year now) she used to get into trouble because constantly she would correct the teacher on things. Funny thing is, she was generally the correct one in the arguments, lol.. Her teacher got irritated at her several times, but at the same time I do think highly respected my daughter because like mentioned, her correction was generally right, lol.. Many times her peers in that class made mention that my daughter should be teaching that class.. lol.. That can't be an ego boost to a teacher..

Good to hear from you, Tudorp.

You have a nice outlook.

All I can say is, Amen, Tudorp. And I'm glad you are still plinking. God bless you.

Been wondering how you've been. Glad to hear you are enjoying the "fruits of your labor (of love)" I can't help but wonder how a nice diddley bow would work for you.

Top Bottom