Back again.

Uk3player78

Reaction score
Age old story guitar player tries something different. I started with the uke in 2011. Posted here a few times, got myself some nice ukes then came across a bargain guitar and GAS got me bad... I sold off my ukes and bought it. Silly me figured myself more of a guitar player justifying quitting. Still got the guitar so happy ending there.

FF>> to 2014. Wife off clothes shopping for her and my daughters (5 and almost 1) i was shoving in time in my regular music shop.
New stock of ukulele's!! I thought 'i remember you guys, maybe a cheap one for the odd strum will be good'. I got a Korala plastic concert ukulele. Pretty decent i'm sure its reviewed by u UU member on youtube. Anyhoo my daughter laid claim on it.. sort of. She has had a ukulele since my flurry in 2011 it looks a bit bashed up so good dad and dad gets a new one right? :p

So dad got a mail order Islander MC 4 and thought it was OK. I know these have good reviews but all the sound was the strings, great build quality tho. I sent it back. Ukeless and off to visit in laws for a week i got a Makala MK S. I'm a contradiction i know. I will post more on this uke later. I put aquila strings on it and played it to death all of my holiday.

When we got back i decided a quality ukulele was priority. So i did the usual web searching/youtube but gave up and went back to my local music shop. I'm the rare breed that likes mahogany. in 2011 i confirmed this and posted about it. I was in the ukulele store furthest south of the UK if you know it. I played as much instruments cheap to very very expensive as i could and Koa at that time did not speak to me. Maybe one day. :D

I got a Uluru 2 solid mahogany concert ukulele after a very long time of comparing. I even had an elderly gentleman help me decide. Very interesting guy. Amazing ukulele if you haven't heard of them, hand made, mahogany peg friction tuners, VERY loud and resonant and flawless construction. I'm mainly an acoustic guitarist so construction is something i look at.. mirrors etc.. :p Non glossy but still shiny. Difficult to put down.

Sorry for the long post. If you take anything from it as hard as it may be try to try before you buy. I played dead all solids and lively laminates. Nothing is guaranteed and as you may imagine when looking on the internet.

Thanks for reading!

Aloha and welcome back! That will teach your wife to leave you idle while clothes shopping!

See ya around the forum some more, hopefully

She got clothes and you got ukuleles - now, that's a win/win!!!!

Glad you have fallen back off the wagon and are once again joining us on UU. I will look at that brand - I wonder if they are available in the US?

Post some pics if/when you get time!! I'd love to hear a sound sample as well.

Sounds like you had a great time through it all. Welcome back and congrats on finding that Uluru.

Thanks! Pictures? Sure. I'll maybe work on a vid. Still building my song list. :)

DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg

Top Bottom