Kauai success

dirtiestkidever

Reaction score
Vacationing in Kaua'i with our 7 month old son. Barely had any time for beach or ukulele but we found the Malasada lady outside Kmart. They are indeed incredible.

Son of a &$;(@! I go to Kauai pretty frequently and I always strike out! Mmm, did you get the cinnamon ones? They are sooo good.

I am heading there in a few weeks. I think I am camping outside Kmart this time.

For other yummy treats, try a frozen mai tai at Keoki's Paradise. They are so good I named my cat Keoki after them.

We just came back on the Labor day from our 6-day family vacation in Kauai as well. We drove by Scotty's music several times but didn't get a chance to stop by. I did get into Larry's music at Kapaa to briefly check out Kamoa's after picking up some stuff from Pono market though.

Agree about the Malasada. We got lucky to be there before they were sold out since we didn't really plan to get any.

By the way, this is my first post. Aloha!

So glad you got malasadas! They are indeed the BEST in the islands - and I have had many malasadas on many of the islands! :)
Did you find Mark's Place? It's in the Puhi Industrial complex past the Shell station and the little post office across from the city yard. Everything there is yummy.
And yes the frozen mai tai's at Keoki's are excellent!

Son of a &$;(@! I go to Kauai pretty frequently and I always strike out! Mmm, did you get the cinnamon ones? They are sooo good.

I am heading there in a few weeks. I think I am camping outside Kmart this time.

For other yummy treats, try a frozen mai tai at Keoki's Paradise. They are so good I named my cat Keoki after them.

We got both traditional and cinnamon. Both were great. Yeah, we tried 3 times last year with no luck. We were very happy to see her there this year. I will try to get to Keoki's for a frozen mai tai but that may not be in the cards for us this year with a little guy. The puka dogs are another one of my favorites. I may be a little heavier when we leave.

We got both traditional and cinnamon. Both were great. Yeah, we tried 3 times last year with no luck. We were very happy to see her there this year. I will try to get to Keoki's for a frozen mai tai but that may not be in the cards for us this year with a little guy. The puka dogs are another one of my favorites. I may be a little heavier when we leave.

Oh yeah, I haven't had a Pukadog in years but I remember the pineapple relish and the lilikoi mustard were good. My mom and I always split one when we do make it over there -- hey Keoki's is in the same Poipu Shopping Village as Pukadog ya know. ;)

Ok we are going to Kauai next week. What is this malasada? I'm sure we can not leave until I find them...lol

Ok we are going to Kauai next week. What is this malasada? I'm sure we can not leave until I find them...lol

They are a Portugese doughnut - only no hole, like how a beignet has no hole. You can have them dusted in sugar, cinnamon, or filled, etc. They are insanely good when purchased at the little kiosk outside of Kmart in Lihue. But the lady is almost NEVER there. On each trip I usually drive by a couple of different days, and I never get lucky. Hopefully you will!

If you have any other Kauai questions (restaurants, shopping, tours, etc.) I am happy to try to answer as I visit there pretty often. :)

Top Bottom