Poll: Do you have an iPhone

Do you own an iPhone

• Total voters

cpatch

Reaction score
I'm contemplating writing a uke-related app for the iPhone/iPod Touch (definitely chord related, possibly more) and was curious as to how many of you have an iPhone or iPod Touch.

Note to mods: I realize this is borderline "Uke Talk" so if you feel the need to move it go ahead.

Last edited:
Don't have an iPhone but I do have an iPod Touch. Sorry, didn't mean to make things complicated. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think apps for iPhone usually works with the Touch also.
You're absolutely right...it was my mistake not to mention both. The poll should be asking "Do you have an iPhone or iPod Touch?"

I do own an iPod touch, and I have an app on it called chord finder which is for guitar, is this the kind of thing you had in mind except for ukes? That would be awesome

Peace :cheers: and beer

Last edited:
Would love a uke tuner and chord finder for my iphone. Keep us posted!

iphone/touch apps

i use guitartoolkit for it's chromatic tuner (works great)
pocketguitar as pocket ukulele (um... more novelty then useful)
and ukechords as chord finder (is ok, but butt ugly).

i would to have just one really good ukecentric app on my phone.

tuner, chords, scales, fretboard map. mmmmm.

code on!
:shaka:

the iphone is the best thing since... well... the ukulele!! well... maybe the best thing since the ukulele and then beer!

i use the TUNER on there on the time to keep my uke and guitar in tune! it works well.. i have checked it with other tuners and the tuner in garage band.. its right on.. and now i am never without a tuner..

i also use uke chords... i am new with the ukulele... so that programs rocks my socks..

there is another program that i can use to record song ideas and e-mail the sound file to myself..

the iphone is on my list of things i would grab in a fire..

1. my 1949 martin
2. autographed howard zinn "A Peoples History"
3. Macbook
4. my koaloha ukulele (this might be higher on the list.. but i don't own one yet)
5. iphone
6. my girlfriend

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 2
need more uke apps

I have a first generation iPod Touch, and really love it. Now that the app store is around, I noticed that a lot of young gamers are saving up for the Touch. Two of my nephews (around 12-13 yrs old) either have or will have a Touch in the next month. My brother has one too. One of these nephews already owns a uke!

There are very few Ukulele apps available right now. There is room for more. I would buy a well thought out app over one that kind of gets the job done. I am also very aware of the aesthetics of the app, and will choose a beautiful, clean, easy-to-use app when given an opportunity. There is so much that can be done with apps. Please develop a better uke app! I will be the first in line to buy it!

Lori

Are you running the latest firmware (2.2.1)? Safari has been a lot more stable ever since I updated.

It does seem pretty stable now. I like the apps that are associated with websites like the eBay app, the you tube app and the facebook app. We need a better craigslist app and a ukulele underground app would be totally sick.

yes I do! and I was thinking of doing the same thing! Although I had the idea of just a tab related app for guitar, uke, bass, and whatever else. didn't get it much past a thought yet though.....

Top Bottom