Please help my girlfriend (from one uke player to another) =)

smgold101

Reaction score
Hey Guys so my girlfriend is a fantastic singer and entered a contest recently and made it to the part where she needs pple to vote for her to win! If she wins she gets to sing at a huge arena for a CT Wolf Pack Hockey Game (Right under nhl lol) and a limo ride and everything! So from one Uke Player to another im asking if you will vote for her! ITS EASY NO SIGNING UP! JUST CLICK AND VOTE!
PLEASE VOTE FOR CHELSEA HEBERT!
http://www.wtic.com/National-Anthem/3859423

Thank You Guys so much!
and if yal ever need help with something like this in the future let me know!

I really don't know about this one. She is a truly gifted singer, but I can't vote for her just because you petition us to. I don't know wether or not the other contestants are pocketing votes this way, but you don't have to. If everyone voted according only to your request, how would Chelsea know if she's really a good singer or not? You want people to vote for her because she can sing.

These things are inevitably popularity contests rather than talent contests. (Oh, and she's at least one vote closer thanks to your popularity efforts!)

Last edited:
I really don't know about this one. She is a truly gifted singer, but I can't vote for her just because you petition us to. I don't know wether or not the other contestants are pocketing votes this way, but you don't have to. If everyone voted according only to your request, how would Chelsea know if she's really a good singer or not? You want people to vote for her because she can sing.

I hope you never need help from a stranger.

Well answer me this. Did you listen to the three people? I think and not only because shes my girlfriend but that she has the best voice out of the three contestants. Don't get me wrong by all means yal dont NEED to vote. I'm just a supporting boyfriend and want my girlfriend who has a beautiful voice a shot to sing someone impressive and show it off, and i thought my ukulele community could help me. =) But yea if yal dont vote its all good haha just was wondering. and i think shes a fantastic singer if she wins or doesnt.
Thanks to anyone who votes for her! and if you dont all good too thanks for takin the time to check it out anyways!

Well answer me this. Did you listen to the three people? I think and not only because shes my girlfriend but that she has the best voice out of the three contestants......

Yes, I did, and i will respect your opinion by agreeing with you ;)

Don't get me wrong by all means yal dont NEED to vote. I'm just a supporting boyfriend and want my girlfriend who has a beautiful voice a shot to sing someone impressive and show it off, and i thought my ukulele community could help me. =)......

I'm glad you could come to us for help

PUHSHAWW.

lol

Voted for her as well, though it was difficult to decide, cause the other two were good too. the first one actually should have had a recording in the same quality, no wonder she doesn't get votes...

I voted for her because she's the best out of the three, and because you asked me to. Ukers unite. And your girlfriend rocks. Gorgeous voice. Good luck to her!! She's winning by the way. :D

-Heather

My parents taught me never to take help from a stranger. Stranger danger! (Now I'm raising equally paranoid kids.) :p

Last edited:
Hahaha well thanks to all you guys who voted for her! And for the stranger concept thats the reason i came here!!! I didnt consider you guys strangers! lol Well not as much if i went randomly to some other random forum hahaha. maybe it was the concept of i think uke players are the happiest nicest pple hahaha why i associate with them lol

ridiculous.

So.......If everybodies significant other would go to these lengths just because they love them then we wouldn't have the divorce rate that we have in the United States. Good for smgold101 for loving and supporting his girlfriend. I haven't even listened to his girlfriend sing, but you know what, I am going to vote for her anyway. I am not even in his state so I don't know the competition (Neither is Misohappy, by the way). And I don't care. I would do the exact same thing for my fiance. Because I love her with all of my heart and want nothing but the best for her. Regardless of what it takes. And shame on Misohappy for stepping up on his/her soap box and pretending like they have higher moral and ethical standards then the rest of us. Regardless of whether or not smgold101's girlfriend is a good singer all he is doing is asking for a small favor if we choose to help him out. And that is just it. If you want to help vote yes. If not, keep your high moral, greater then thow art opinion to yourself.

I agree with the notion that these things are really popularity contests, and in small towns, the same winners are always picked. Your girlfriend got my vote. She does have a good voice, but tell her to imagine herself singing the anthem flawlessly if she gets the opportunity. She was nervous, I could hear it in her voice. She over-supported a little, a sure sign of nerves. If she is relaxed, her voice will shine and she will get lots of applause.

Visualization is used frequently with actors, Olympic athletes, and martial artists, musicians could benefit from it, too.

Tell her I said good luck... I hope she wins.

So.......If everybodies significant other would go to these lengths just because they love them then we wouldn't have the divorce rate that we have in the United States. Good for smgold101 for loving and supporting his girlfriend. I haven't even listened to his girlfriend sing, but you know what, I am going to vote for her anyway. I am not even in his state so I don't know the competition (Neither is Misohappy, by the way). And I don't care. I would do the exact same thing for my fiance. Because I love her with all of my heart and want nothing but the best for her. Regardless of what it takes. And shame on Misohappy for stepping up on his/her soap box and pretending like they have higher moral and ethical standards then the rest of us. Regardless of whether or not smgold101's girlfriend is a good singer all he is doing is asking for a small favor if we choose to help him out. And that is just it. If you want to help vote yes. If not, keep your high moral, greater then thow art opinion to yourself.

I'm sorry. I was not trying to make myself look any more virtuous than anybody, and I'm sorry that i did, and yes, profound shame upon me. The only thing I meant is that i did not want to bias this contest. I won't say anything else because I hate of being replied to with bigotry when I only give an opinion.

I'm sorry. I was not trying to make myself look any more virtuous than anybody, and I'm sorry that i did, and yes, profound shame upon me. The only thing I meant is that i did not want to bias this contest. I won't say anything else because I hate of being replied to with bigotry when I only give an opinion.

hahaha dude no worries! i dont mind at all nor did i think that you were trying to be malicious or anything! again i love uke players i think they are the nicest people! and Again thanks to everyone who votes for her! i cant wait to show her all my uke brothers and sisters when its over who supported her!
Thanks again!

I voted for her because I think she is the best of the three. Beautiful voice!
Wouldn't have voted at all otherwise.

Listened to all three and also voted for your girl.. It was very close but your girl had the sweetest voice and the fact that U play the ukulele didnt hurt either...lol... JK...

I really do think Chelsea deserves to win this one:shaka:

Good luck

I voted for this guy
http://www.hulu.com/watch/31437/the-simpsons-bleeding-gums-star-spangled-banner

jk. I voted for Chelsea. I didn't listen to any of them. I know smgold101 will return the favor when humanity becomes a hive-mind, and vote me the Borg Queen. Yes.

If you want to help vote yes. If not, keep your high moral, greater then thow art opinion to yourself.

Miso has a right to voice her opinion just as you do, even if it's not a popular opinion.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- The Friends of Voltaire, 1906

Top Bottom