Mainland mango concert

LOVEAGOODUKE

Reaction score
I,m contemplating buying a mainland mango concert.I have a red cedar concert and it's great but was wondering how much difference there was between them.i like the volume of the red cedar but I,m attracted to the warmth of the mango.Are the mango concerts reasonably loud?i already have a mahogany concert and mahogany soprano but not Mainlands.I would be vey interested to hear people's opinions.

Mango is a wood I would definitely like to try. And Mainland is a great brand. I don't know about the difference - but I know that my cedar/rosewood Ohana can be quite punchy if I want it to be. Bumping this to the top so folks in the know can give you some real opinions...

I've actually tried both at the store when I went there in June. I myself wanted to buy a mango concert cause of its warmth. The mango I tried is loud but not like you'd expect from your red-cedar. Call Mike at Mainland and see if he'd let you hear both over the phone so you'll know the difference. He's a really cool guy!

What great video!

I don't have any other Mainlands to compare it with, but I adore my Mango!
A lovely, sweet sound; very clear and bright but not harsh at all, quite rich and well-balanced and terrific sustain. Also, the sustain is very true, if that is the right word; the tone remains even (and in tone) until it finally fades away, there is no wavering.

It also plays like a dream (it has in fact made me a better player, because some things are easier on it) but you probably already know that, since it wouldn't be your first Maindland. :)

I have Living Water strings on it at the moment and they work really well.

Top Bottom