Who makes Pono's open geared tuners?

Lillymo

Reaction score
Anybody know who manufacturers Pono's open geared ukulele tuners?
Thanks!

Photo: Pono MC (Mahogany Concert)

Pono open geared tuners (smaller).jpg

Why not write to Pono?

That design is fairly generic these days, they could come from any of a dozen Asian factories.

Gotoh makes a very good version that I use on most of my ukes. I get them from AllParts in Katy, Texas.

If you find out, please post answer. I have an AT and one tuner is going. I was under impression it was Grover but as Rick says it could any number of supplier.
thanks

Pono uses Gotoh, Grover, and on the models you guys are referring to they are Der Jung. Now Der Jung might not have Grovers name but they are a Taiwan company, which is different than China drastically, and Grovers are made in China, Korea, and Taiwan mostly but Grover makes some great keys, here is one review on Der Jung- http://zebulonturrentine.com/classical-guitar-tuner-review We were recently discussing the 2015 production and decided to got to the Gotoh made Ko'olau button on all the Pro Classics, trying to just keep improving all materials and aspects. Let me know if you guys ever need replacement tuners and I'll send them to you. andrew@theukulelesite.com

Now that's what I call service! Wow.

Fantastic, Andrew.

Gotoh makes great stuff...

Thanks Rick. Ya know Grover makes some really good keys. There's some they're using them on all the guitars now and really like but the butter bean key welded on is just too big. And they say they won't make it with a mini button. Ya know, we're not fender...

Top Bottom