One for Mike Aratani....MGM

hawaii 50

Reaction score
Thanks Corey and Andrew..

almost one year since Mike passed...I really like when all the guys at the shop talk about him...and everyone has great stories and memories about Mike...

nice touch Corey with the famous MGM sound sample at the end.....:)

http://vimeo.com/105412630

That's the first time I've heard Corey sing a line on a sound sample. He makes the ukulele sound pretty good too.

My MGM set up Kala acacia tenor is the one on the left in my avatar. Wish I could make it sound half as good.

What a lovely tribute- the uke, the choice of what to play and, of course, Corey's playing. There are several riffs in there I would like to learn! I bought buy in an instant if tenor was my "size" choice. Still waiting on the release of Kala's new KA KSLNG (koa long neck soprano). Europe has received them but as yet have not found a North American source.......

What a great idea! Today I miss him in a special way, because we were next door neighbors for the weekend last year at the Wine Country Uke Fest, and spending so much time together, I saw what a special guy he was....Today, I am a little sad going to the Fest and knowing he won't be my neighbor this year. It will not be the same without him.

What a great idea! Today I miss him in a special way, because we were next door neighbors for the weekend last year at the Wine Country Uke Fest, and spending so much time together, I saw what a special guy he was....Today, I am a little sad going to the Fest and knowing he won't be my neighbor this year. It will not be the same without him.

Thanks Denise nice words...he talked about you too when he got back from Napa last year...:)

Very nice Corey and Andrew . . . the classic riffs that were used in just about every MGM sound sample from way back. If you close your eyes, you can picture Mike playing with that big smile on his face.

Thanks for sharing this! Mike was a living lesson in how to be in this world with gratitude and kindness and authentic joy. He made the world a little better place for so many people all around the world. Gone too soon.

Sadly I only learned of MGM after his passing. But after reading all the great things you all say about him I feel I missed out. What a testimony that a ukulele company would design a tribute for him. rip MGM and know you were loved by many in this world.

I only met MGM once but he made a huge impression on me. He was such a friend to the ukulele community and a special guy. It was great that Kala made a tribute uke, and that is a really nice video by Corey and testimonial by Andrew. I agree -- I really like the picture they used. He looks so full of aloha spirit in it.

Top Bottom