Uke Club Contact Info for NE USA

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone provide me with contact details for local uke clubs in the Nashville TN, Burlington Vt, Boston/Salem Mass, New Haven CT or NYC areas.
I will be vacationing in the USA from Perth, Western Australia between Sept 27 - 25 October and would love to touch base/jam with uke players in those areas if possible (as long as they don't mind my lack of talent or voice).
Cheers

In Vermont, the biggest group is the Vermont Ukulele Society in Montpelier: vtukes.webs.com.

There is another club in the Upper Valley region, near Dartmouth College on the Vermont/New Hampshire border: http://www.uvukeclub.com.

There is also Ukulele Mele, a biweekly meetup in Burlington at the Fletcher Free Library, every other Sunday. Attendance has been spotty over the summer, but I am told it will pick up again in the fall. PM me for more details. If you're not bringing an instrument with you, LMK and I can hook you up with a loaner while you're in town.

Thanks very much people! That's great information. I'll even be traveling with a new (to me) uke (a Mya-Moe 6 string tenor) so will have an instrument to show off my lack of talent.

There are a couple of Uke clubs in NJ, including one in Morristown that's easily accessible by train from New York City.

You can email me at ukenj@folkproject.org or just call me at 908-229-1214 when you get to the US.

Scooter

Top Bottom