Hi from Charleston, SC

Cnell

Reaction score
Glad to be here, I'm a uke noob. I've been researching ukes for months and finally ordered a Mainland red cedar soprano. Very much looking forward to its arrival! I'm tired of reading about ukes and techniques, I'm ready to play!!!
Claudia

Greetings Clauda and welcome. Damned fine uke for a starter. You are liable to get "spoiled." Lots of great tutorials here on UU, HMS, and YouTube. Hope you join your local club ASAP. Beginner's lessons an important part of a good uke club. Going to the Blackwater Uke Festival next weekend?

https://mail.aol.com/38727-111/aol-6/en-us/Suite.aspx

Last edited:
Hi, Claudia! You'll love your Mainland red cedar, that's for sure. Welcome, and let the playing begin!

Thank you Kathryn and Phil. I wanted a nice ukulele that sounded good so I just bit the bullet and bought it. Ordered from Shem Creek Music Center. Such great folks to work with, I highly recommend them.
Yes I plan on going to the Blackwater festival…can't wait!!
Claudia

Good for you Claudia!
Welcome....I am new to this site also. I know you will love it here as I do. What a great bunch of people from all over the world no less.
I know you can't wait for your first ukulele, I just ordered my second....I hope I don't catch U.A.S. like I see some on this site did, but I can see how it could be very contagious. My wife caught a similar one but it is with shoes, I don't know if they named that one yet.:confused:
Best wishes and my wife and I LOVE Charleston!

finally ordered a Mainland red cedar soprano. Very much looking forward to its arrival! I'm tired of reading about ukes and techniques, I'm ready to play!!!
Claudia
Welcome,
Much better plan than buying the cheapest thing with 4 strings you could find on Amazon. My wife and I have played Mainlands since 2009.

Thanks for all the nice welcomes! I went to the Blackwater Ukulele Festival today and really enjoyed it. People worked hard to put it all together and they did a great job. I've never seen so many ukulele players in one place! Btw, I got tickets to see Jake Shimabukuro in Knoxville this November. Yay!

Not sure if you are aware of this but as a new owner of a Mainland uke you are required to make the pilgrimage to Ukulele World Congress in Needmore Indiana first weekend in June, put on by Mike and Tootka, proprietors of Mainland Ukes: UWC 7
It has become an annual event for me and one of my daughters.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the nice welcomes! I went to the Blackwater Ukulele Festival today and really enjoyed it. People worked hard to put it all together and they did a great job. I've never seen so many ukulele players in one place! Btw, I got tickets to see Jake Shimabukuro in Knoxville this November. Yay!
Good for you a uke festival and Jake too!
Glad you mentioned about Jake. He is coming about 30 miles from where I am working in NC too. If all works out......:)

Top Bottom