Wanted: Kamaka 4-string Tenor

lono

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm looking for an all koa Kamaka 4-string tenor. Let me know if you have one you're willing to sell, the condition and asking price.

Last edited:
not sure if Kamaka ever built a tenor with a Koa neck...
maybe an old concert.....

all the production ones i see have a mahogany neck....
the Koa neck tends to be too Heavy and not as strong as the mahogany neck...as Kamaka does not use any kind of carbon fiber rod in their necks...

you need to go diretly to Kamaka if you want a Koa neck but that is a custom order which they will not do...even the Jake model comes with a mahogany neck....

You are looking for an old white label Kamaka tenor. Mine is from 1970. The entire instrument is made from koa even the fretboard and bridge. Nut and saddle is ebony. It's lighter than my Kamaka 2008 tenor by a mile. The neck is hand carved, thin, and fast. I wish you luck on your quest.

Thanks. Good to know they're out there.

I called Kamaka today and they said the neck change from koa to mahogany was in the year 2000. I'm still interested if anyone has an all koa tenor for sale.

It doesn't make sense to me to want a koa neck. Koa is not a good wood for necks, that's why they've switched to mahogany which is the best for necks.

I have a semi-custom kamaka tenor with mastergrade curly koa. abalone rosette and ebony fretboard and bridge/gold scaller tuners and factory kamaka installed passive pick up. Thinking of selling it.

We have a pre-owned Kamaka long neck tenor, scale 19 inches, for sale on our website. Body is Koa and I believe the neck is Mahogany with a rosewood fretboard. Check it out, Dixie Ukuleles, ukulele.mx

We have a pre-owned Kamaka long neck tenor, scale 19 inches, for sale on our website. Body is Koa and I believe the neck is Mahogany with a rosewood fretboard. Check it out, Dixie Ukuleles, ukulele.mx

Thanks, I checked it out however I'm looking for an all koa tenor which were made prior to 2000.

Top Bottom