FS Custom J. C. Clark 5-string Tenor Pheasant wood/Bear claw spruce + case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD Custom J. C. Clark 5-string Tenor Pheasant wood/Bear claw spruce + case

For sale is a custom J. C. Clark tenor 5-string, #69, with beautiful pheasant wood back and sides, Bearclaw sitka spruce top, ebony fretboard and bridge, koa ebony heel cap, and pheasant wood rosette with koa binding, Peghed 4:1 geared tuners, MOP shell top & side fret markers at 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, and 15th frets, 19 frets overall with connection at 14th. Strung with Gali fluorocarbon strings + Aquila wound low G. Gloss lacquer finish. Beautiful MOP inlays: Pheasant inlay logo on headplate, JC Clark logo on heelcap, feather inlay on end of lower bout. This beautiful uke is in mint condition, with no dings, dents or scratches. Note: As a hand made instrument there are some maker’s small marks that some might call imperfections. If you want perfection this is not for you. Uke is priced accordingly. Includes a hard case.

• Hand-crafted in Seward, Nebraska by luthier J. C. Clark
• 5 String tenor (low and high G strings)
• Pheasant wood back and sides.
• Bearclaw Sitka Top
• Koa back stripe, bindings and end stripe
• Pheasant wood rosette with black/white/black purfling around the rosette and top.
• Pheasant wood head plate
• Ebony bridge and fingerboard
• Peghed tuners
• Black buffalo horn nut and saddle finish
• Beautiful MOP inlays on head stock, end of lower bout, heelcap, fretboard

Note: pheasant wood is also known as Hawaiian Kolohala, and is a somewhat rare wood and stunningly beautiful. The wood produces shades of light to dark brown with fine black grain, which very much resembles the feathers of the Hawaiian pheasant. Kolohala is a relatively heavy and dense wood and is an excellent tone wood for ukuleles. It is less common to see ukuleles handcrafted from pheasant wood.

The ukes sound is full, warm, well balanced with plenty of resonance.

This wonderful uke hasn’t been getting as much playing time as I find I’m not much of a 5-string player. So time to find a new home for it.

SOLD. If you’re not happy with this uke, return with 2 days for refund less shipping.

Here is a recent sound sample. https://app.box.com/s/bv0ssc60c8f79sqrkusg

HP1060770_zpsad427f60.jpg

HP1060772_zps39a93adf.jpg

HP1060771_zps5da3616e.jpg

HP1060779_zps9ef6aac4.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful instrument at a great price for a custom. I remember when you got this and how pleased you were but totally understand the need to sell. Best of luck

Wow, I don't think anyone's ukes sell as quickly as yours Hodge. It shows that if you have a uke priced accordingly, it will sell.

I am glad this went Fast. I am still controlling my UAS.
whew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom