Wanted: Pono TE electric

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for a used Pono TE solid body electric, if anyone has one they're willing to sell. I like the acacia tops but any style/finish is fine. I also have a few ukes and other stringed instruments (guitar, tenor guitar, or can I interest you in an electric mandola?) I could trade.

Thanks!

Hello. I was born and raised in western Massachusetts. The colors are only about four weeks away. I live in Illinois now, and only now do I appreciate the glory. Only now do I see the autumn as more than just a steel-tined rake. Had I been more appreciative then, I might still live in western Massachusetts or New Hampshire. But, like so many before me, I was called away for a job, met a girl, and the new roots, like those of an evergreen, have grown solid and unmoving.

What I wouldn't give now to stroll past the gates of the Quabbin to be alone with the eagles. What I wouldn't give now to eat a ham and cheese grinder on the steps of Amherst College and look across the common. What I wouldn't give now to drive out of Greenfield, up the Mohawk Trail, taking all day to luxuriate in the clean air, through open car windows, on a road that I once saw only as a way to go from here to there.

Well, I made it--I am "there" now. And it doesn't hold a candle to where you are, seonachan. I now stew in a pallid Midwestern forest, being stuck where I am, and ask only that you appreciate the beauty of where you are, not only for me, but for those before me that have made the same mistake, the mistake of under-appreciation of that which is only in western New England.

Pono's a good uke. You'll like it.

Last edited:
Hello. I was born and raised in western Massachusetts. The colors are only about four weeks away. I live in Illinois now, and only now do I appreciate the glory. Only now do I see the autumn as more than just a steel-tined rake. Had I been more appreciative then, I might still live in western Massachusetts or New Hampshire. But, like so many before me, I was called away for a job, met a girl, and the roots, like those of an evergreen, have grown solid and unmoving.

What I wouldn't give now to stroll past the gates of the Quabbin to be alone with the eagles. What I wouldn't give now to eat a ham and cheese grinder on the steps of Amherst College and look across the common. What I wouldn't give now to drive out of Greenfield, up the Mohawk Trail, taking all day to luxuriate in the clean air through open car windows on a road I once saw only as a way to go from here to there.

Well, i made it--I am "there" now. And it doesn't hold a candle to where you are, seonachan. I shall stew in a pallid Midwestern forest, being stuck where I am, and ask only that you appreciate the beauty of where you are...for me. And for those before me that have made the same mistake, the mistake of under-appreciation of that which is only in western New England.

Pono's a good uke. You'll like it.

Nicely said.

Thanks for the sentiment, coolkayaker. I am a native New Englander (though from the eastern part of the state; I had to get used to obeying traffic laws when I moved here), and I feel the same intensity around this time of year. Believe me, I never take it for granted. A few trees have already started to turn and the apples and pumpkins are ripening.

The only thing I need to complete this picture is a Pono TE to strum between sips of hot cider :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom