Scratch plate for uke made from screen protector

billten

Reaction score
I have a lovely new Kinnard and i hate to add a ton of nail strum marks and scratches if i can avoid them. Yes i know it's 'been used' and they are natural part of playing but if there is a simple and inexpensive way of stopping them before they arrive i'd like to look into it.

I heard of others adding a scratch plate using a screen protector material, anybody any experience with that, does it affect the sound of the uke at all? I think i'll try it but just looking for any feedback ahead of time...

Bill

I'd be interested in that information for my uke as well.

I have a lovely new Kinnard and i hate to add a ton of nail strum marks and scratches if i can avoid them. Yes i know it's 'been used' and they are natural part of playing but if there is a simple and inexpensive way of stopping them before they arrive i'd like to look into it.

I heard of others adding a scratch plate using a screen protector material, anybody any experience with that, does it affect the sound of the uke at all? I think i'll try it but just looking for any feedback ahead of time...

Bill

David Newton made one for my Griffin Tenor. It's clear like a screen protector. Has held up very well and you really can't see it.

Trey

Top Bottom