I'm a New Bass Player

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
My new Kala fretted U-Bass will be delivered Wednesday. I've read the "Just Got a U-Bass - Advice" thread, and I thank everyone for the good information! I haven't played a Bass Clef instrument since I brought a Tuba home for a few months during high school back in 1962. Can anyone recommend a book written for someone who already knows music and just needs to learn the technique of playing bass? Something like a book written for Guitarists who are transitioning to Bass Guitar. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks, and a big bass

Aloha!

to y'all.

oh yeah hal leonard bass method books. the three pack with backing tracks is under 15usd at amazon. That should keep you busy for 6+ months. You can modify the fingering of the first book to use 1-2-3 if you like instead of 1-2-4. I pretty much just play with the backing tracks, sight read and try to get them down. It seems I play a window of them. Older, current and maybe new ones.

It arrived a day early! I've only just tuned it and played a couple of notes. I really don't know what I'm doing yet. But I was very pleased at its appearance. The wood grain pattern on the front is nice, and it's nicely book matched giving it a quality appearance. At least to my eye:
Kala U-Bass.jpg

Top Bottom