Rapino Rag

Well guys, here's the thing...
I'm hoping to make a book of duets for guitar and uke, and I'm slowly writing them and fine tuning the arrangements. I hope to get 20 together and pick the best 12 for the book.
Because of this, I'm sort of reluctant to just give them away.
I hope this doesn't sound mean, because I know there is a LOT of free music on the internet for people to play.
I also know my chances of getting the duets published are slim for the same reason, but I'd love to try.
If you think this is a really crap attitude, then you could be horrible to me and I'll probably e mail you a copy for free, but I hope you understand.

Oh for my sake I can wait and buy the book. try Mel Bay perhaps, they're publishing some uke music.
On the other side, I don't have a guitar player, so I hope you will make the music playable for uke solo too...
;-)
Good luck for the project, let us know when ready.

I writing the arrangements so that the uke or guitar part will stand up as a nice piece to play on its own, and when they are played together they sound even better, so hopefully it will cater for solo ukers too.
I find there really aren't enough good duets for guitar and uke. Especially considering how chummy both fraternities are.
I have some solo uke arrangements that I reckon I'll just share like this one of Let's Face The Music and Dance

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kzchoHWSkhZlVGbFRHckVLUm8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I writing the arrangements so that the uke or guitar part will stand up as a nice piece to play on its own, and when they are played together they sound even better, so hopefully it will cater for solo ukers too.
I find there really aren't enough good duets for guitar and uke. Especially considering how chummy both fraternities are.
I have some solo uke arrangements that I reckon I'll just share like this one of Let's Face The Music and Dance

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kzchoHWSkhZlVGbFRHckVLUm8/edit?usp=sharing

Your work is fantastic and I would definitely get the uke/guitar duet book.
Thanks a ton for sharing this one! It's a beautiful tune. A bit of a challenge but very attainable. I look forward to wood-sheddin on this one for a while.

I'm hoping to make a book of duets for guitar and uke, and I'm slowly writing them and fine tuning the arrangements. I hope to get 20 together and pick the best 12 for the book.
Because of this, I'm sort of reluctant to just give them away.
I hope this doesn't sound mean, because I know there is a LOT of free music on the internet for people to play.
I also know my chances of getting the duets published are slim for the same reason, but I'd love to try.
Go for it! I'd love to see more uke/guitar duet material out there. :)

To be honest, I'd be hesitant to take a chance on a book of all originals. Some familiar material might help. But then you are limited to public domain or have to secure permission from copyright holders.

As a recent discussion on the topic concluded, there is no equivalent of a compulsory license when you want to publish arrangements. So, you can record and sell CDs or digital copies of that recording via a compulsory license, but you cannot sell print or digital arrangements without permission.

Self-publishing on amazon is an option. It's print-on-demand, so not a big upfront investment and no fulfillment on your part.

Top Bottom